tyre repair

Submitted: Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1805 Views:1683 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a small slice in the tread of my Bridgestone Duellers. Can this be repaired? Is putting a tube inside the tyre a better option than replacing the tyre? Are tubes as durable in off road situations? The tyre has done about 4000k's. Cheers Johno.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willie - Saturday, Aug 24, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 24, 2002 at 00:00
Johno, It is possible to have your tyre repaired by tyre distributors. They would weld it using their own process. I run split rims, so have tubes in tyres at all times but in the past I have had Desert Duellers on 15 inch rims and have also put a sizeable cut in the side of the tyres from time tot time. Sometimes you can put a large patch on the inside of the tyre commonly known out in the bush as a 'gater'. Then you can also add a tube. Your tyre may still last for years. However, you should only use the repaired tyre as a spare and not drive the tyre at speeds over 80kmh from a safety point of view. There are lots of other ways to keep a tyre going such as stuffing it full of grass( in an emergency ) to keep mobile.
Hope this helps. Cheers, Willie
AnswerID: 5990

Reply By: Johno - Saturday, Aug 24, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 24, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Willie, took it down to B/stone tyre centre and they managed to fix it with just a plug thankfully. It looked worse on the outside then it was inside. Johno...
AnswerID: 5993

Sponsored Links