Off road trailers

Submitted: Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1882 Views:1801 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone, My partner and myself enjoy touring the out back camping & fishing and need more storage space. So we have come to the conclusion we need a trailer. Only problem being we are not sure weather to buy a "4WD Camper Trailer" purpose built or a "4WD box trailer" and set it up ourself as required. Our trecks can last up to 2+ weeks. If anyone can has either of the above we would love to hear from you.
ohh our budget is aprox $ 6000.00
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00
Julian, You should get plenty of advise on this issue, but I'll tell you what we did! - Two adults and Two children(now 10 & 12) never had enough room in the 4WD (currently Patrol and previous Pajero & Landcruiser) so we had built for us a OFFROAD trailer and seeing as we travel up to 4 weeks in any one time and wanted to be able to ditch the trailer, so we made a 7' x 4' x 20" sided trailer with a swinging rear tailgate that has a lowerable shelf to cook on, 365 degree swivel coupling, electric trailer brakes, extra long draw bar, super heavy duty axle/springs, offroad wheels and tyres that also suit our car, jerry can/gas bottle holders on exterior, tool box, spare wheel holder and torneau cover. When we want to do a 1/2 day side trip we take out all necessary gear and leave at caravan park or ditch in the bush schackled to a tree with a vital part missing. Good luck in making your decision, just make sure that everything is SUPER HEAVY DUTY!
AnswerID: 6273

Follow Up By: Member - Julian - Saturday, Sep 07, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Sep 07, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Tim Your info will be helpful. It sounds like you have yourself a good unit, Who made it ? it sounds like just the unit we are arfter.
FollowupID: 2875

Reply By: Allyn - Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00
Set up your own as above then if required you can add canvas later. It's a good cheap option ($2K should see you off the road) and you've always got a trailer to use at home also.
AnswerID: 6292

Reply By: Tim - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2002 at 00:00
Julian - answer is Forest Hill Trailers in Dandenong,Vic - seayuinthabush
AnswerID: 6522

Sponsored Links