ipod

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 12:37
ThreadID: 18988 Views:1905 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi all. after getting a ipod for chrissy,and think they are great. have 854 songs
loaded. i have just been reading its illegal to copy your cd,s onto them.let alone download pirate music from the internet.guess i will just keep it in the car and
not clip it on me belt .tested it on my car from about 6 car lenghts away and it was ok.cheers brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 12:52

Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 12:52
You can save copies of your CDs. If you need to download music try LimeWire.
How do you connect to your car radio - six carlengths is very good.
AnswerID: 90919

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (WA) - Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 13:08

Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 13:08
got one on those itrip things(came with the ipod on special )which plug into the top, earphone socket. brian
FollowupID: 349499

Reply By: Member - Karl - Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 13:17

Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 13:17
It's only illegal if you get caught!!!.

Seriously - if you are not downloading/coping to sell then there won't be a problem. Any copying of anything in Australia is illegal, ie using your VCR to copy a TV program etc. Having said that though many years ago the Govt introduced a 'royalities tax (for want of a better name) on all blank media which is then distributed to all the record companies etc to make up for the fact that people will copy products for their own personal/private use.

Go ahead and use your Ipod everywhere - the only thing I would worry about is some grub stealing it.
AnswerID: 90925

Reply By: Matt (W.A.) - Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 20:16

Saturday, Jan 01, 2005 at 20:16
Hi Brian,
Welcome to the iPodding Community there great aren’t they I have just changed all my mp3’s to AAC’s and got another 200 songs on my iPod it might be worth keeping that in mind all the Blurbs I have read on MP3’s versus AAC’s say that AAC’s are the way to go. They compress smaller and give better sound reproduction. My 6+1 disk Stacker in the Paj has become obsolete now I have my iPod……
AnswerID: 90960

Reply By: toymn8r - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 14:02

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 14:02
Thinking of getting one myself.
Downloading your own cds is not illegal at all however just be vary of the downloads from net as they most definately are illegal if caught.

If you get caught you're a bl00dy idiot, if not you're a bl00dy legend
AnswerID: 91007

Reply By: BenSpoon - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 18:43

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 18:43
A bloody good invention- i needed a new something for playing music after my CD head unit was attacked by a fire extinguisher then the replacement CD stacker spat it after its mud bath.

A velcro backed case stuck to my dashmat and the $60 itrip makes sure the music never stops. battery life is enough to run all night after a full charge and the songs (ive got over 6500 on there now) can be changed from the dinner table - Ive had it about 10m from the car aerial still playing comfortably. Ive also had the ipod picked up by other cars in the convoy on road; Makes it handy for people with no cd player.

Another option is a generic FM transmitter- like the belkin one for ipods- That runs on the car cigarette lighter and connects to any headphone jack, and gives the benefit of being able to run a laptops sound through your car stereo for dvds etc. Downside to this is the need for external power where the itrip simply runs off the ipod inbuilt battery.

i got mine a year back and am still stoked. The whole idea of being able to make your car fly so high it knocks the wind out of a passenger on landing, but your music NEVER skips.... very handy.
AnswerID: 91020

Sponsored Links