Forum Submission Security

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 03, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1900 Views:1214 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
To all, I have just turned on the forum submission security. This means that to lodge a question on the forum (or Trader Ad) you will need to be logged on as a validated Visitor, Member or Customer. If you have completed the validation process and you have a coloured bar at the top of the screen (Orange - Visitor, Red - Member or Green Customer) then you have completed the validation process and will be able to lodge questions and trader ads on the system. If not you will need to setup your profile. Profile setup takes about 30 seconds and involves you entering your email address onto a form. Once entered we send you an email with a link to click to validate your address. Once you have validated your address and setup your screenname and password you are able to use these site features. If you are concerned about your personal details and our usgae of your information then please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use documents.Thanks for your continued usage and support of ExplorOz.com.David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: winaje - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2002 at 00:00
Good idea, and well done. Hopefully this will reduce the spurious posts etc... Bill Church
AnswerID: 6337

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2002 at 00:00
I hope so it was created for that purpose - Pity we have to resort to these measures however, I hope the way I did it was/is not to difficult for our user base. Looking at the number of registered user at the top of the forum index page is promising though (over 2500 registered users). Thanks Bill and enjoy.David.
FollowupID: 2808

Reply By: Member - Ed - Friday, Sep 06, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 06, 2002 at 00:00
Good on you David, top stuff! I first started using Exploroz about Jan or Feb this year and some of the forum posts were so appalling I was nearly turned off using the site. Glad that I stuck around, keep up the good work. Ed B
AnswerID: 6421

Sponsored Links