Truck Wash

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:42
ThreadID: 19001 Views:6455 Replies:7 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Happy New Year to all.

Have been using CT-18 truckwash, for a number of years, and just wondered how many others use it, or are aware of its usefulness?

A panelbeater suggested that it may have had a high concentration of something,phosphates, or chlorines, that is harmful to car finishes. Over the years, we haven't had any problems.

Anyone know of a similiar product, that works as well? Does help to have access to a gerni to wash it off.

Hooroo...

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:54

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:54
bob, ive used it for years with no problems, i also polish my vehicle 3 times a year
AnswerID: 90998

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:32

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:32
I know that the old version of truck was in about 1990 was so strong it used to take the shine out of paint, bloke at work did his wifes car with it.. LMAO Teach him to steal from work
AnswerID: 91000

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:03

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:03
He forgot there's no money-back guarantee for "5 finger discount".

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 349813

Reply By: Member - Karl - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:28

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:28
Bought some yesterday and used it for the first time and my Cruiser came up a treat. I bought it on advice of a salesman here in Perth when I bought my Massojet nozzel and adpator - it's a lot cheaper than the wash they try to sell you with it.
AnswerID: 91002

Follow Up By: Andy - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 14:41

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 14:41
Karl, How do you find the Massojet. I'm thinking of getting one. Would like a non bias opinion
Andy
FollowupID: 349597

Follow Up By: Member - Karl - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:46

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:46
Andy,

Have only used it once so far and the Cruiser was relatively clean; however, I am looking forward to using when it realy dirty.

A couple of points I found with it -

a. I bought the 60cm one and when I fitted the adaptor in which the cleaning fluid goes I found it a bit hard to hold, ie the adaptor is too big to get your hand around and when I held it by the nozzle I was continuingly bumping the hose connector and because it is under pressure it would disengage and the nozzel came off and I had water going everywhere.

b. Also for my big hands the nozzel is a bit too small to continuosly hold and caused an ache in my hand, so I am going to custom make a handgrip out of a small piece of pipe (about 20 cm in lenght) with a foam grip.

Other than that I liked it and the customer service was good etc.
FollowupID: 349642

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:28

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:28
I actually apply it with the foam attachment on my Karcher then rinse off with full pressure it does work wonders on everything from greasy engines to the outside of my house....
AnswerID: 91003

Reply By: Matho - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 21:55

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 21:55
I used it to clean a forklift at work and it ate the paint of the CAT Retail sticker lol
AnswerID: 91024

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:35

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:35
its not bad for moving heavy dirt, but usually leaves a lot of salt residue on glass etc. Yes it does take the shine off paint after a while. Most common washes, ct18, aussie blue, koala blue, etc are all bulked up with salts, but there are some good washes that dont have salts in them, usually the clear 'runny' types. I use the Polo truckwash, its great, rinses easily and leaves no residue on windows etc. heaps of suds too.
AnswerID: 91228

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:07

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:07
Thanks Bradley. Salts on windows doesn't worry us here, as the washer of the car, has to clean the windows as well. Also our muddy dam water leaves a slight scum on finish, even after using CT-18.

Do you know who makes this Polo t'wash? Never heard of it.

Hooroo...

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 349814

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 16:26

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 16:26
Hi again Bob, the Polo gear is made by Polo citrus aust. they make all sorts of biodegradeable citrus based cleaners, owned by F U C H S lubricants, so any dealers / resellers should be able to get it in up there, thats who i get it from here in Vic. I even wash the house windows with it , just using a soft broom and a bucket with a quick rinse, only takes about 15 minutes to do the whole house and they dry totally streak free and spotless. I love it as it rinses off the cars really easy and doesn't promote rust.

cheers mate, Brad
FollowupID: 349844

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:53

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:53
Thanks for the reply, Bradley. Apparently, the filters in our system don't allow me to receive acknowledgement of any replies/follow-ups.

"A Man's Toyshop" in Rockhampton, sellsbleeps products, so may try them for the Polo gear. My Wife might like to hear about the window wahing, as it's a major task here, especially after a duststorm!

Thanks again....

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 350155

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 22:23

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 22:23
Bob.
Its not a good idea to use any strong detergent on cars. The rust proofing in most vehicles is either a tar or wax based water proof covering. Any thing that will remove the oil from a motor will also remove the rustproofing cover. The best thing to wash a car with is clean water and a soft brush. Eric.
AnswerID: 91509

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:00

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:00
Thanks advice, Eric, re rust proofing. Wasn't aware of that point.

As we lease our vehicles, and only keep them for a max of 3 years, probably, in all honesty, not worried about the next purchaser. However we do try to keep them clean, and well maintained in this harsh climate.
Only have 260 mm average rainfall, so rust is not really an issue.

Agree about the clean water is best, just that our dam water isn't. Will be interesting to try some of this Polo wash, that Bradley mentioned.

Thanks for your interest...

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 350160

Sponsored Links