Whats the Track to Teewah Beach but not freshwater track

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 14:15
ThreadID: 19005 Views:3621 Replies:6 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering if anyone knows where the other track to teewah beach is. Something Gun track I think. It is near the turnoff to Poverty Point and the turn off to Cooloola Way tracks. Somewhere in that area anyway. Does this something Gun track go all the way to Teewah Beach.
There is also a track that comes out just before the hills along the beach. It is one way and thats on to the beach. I was wondering whats the name of that track and where does it begin.
Also where does the Cooloola Way track go to??
Thanks in advance.
Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Erwin - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 16:53

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 16:53
The track coming down onto the beach is one way and is called the Kings Bore Track. I came down it two days ago. From the northern end you travel between Gympie and Rainbow Beach. You pass the Cooloola Way. It is near the Poverty Point turnoff. If you get to the Freswater Track (which is signposted you have gone too far. The Kings Bore Track is not signposted until you get off the road a little bit along the track. It is in the National Park. On the beach it comes out south of the Cherry Venture. The Cooloola Track goes down behind Kin Kin. You can travel this track to get to Noosa eventually. I was on it a few months ago. It was pretty rough and high clearance and slow travel necessary. Nothing difficult though. Onthe track you actually cross the Noosa River way upstream where it first begins. I have the GPS Co-ords if this helps but don't have them with me at the moment. Can post them later if you want.

Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 91012

Follow Up By: Rocky M QLD - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:06

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:06
Erwin,thinking of heading that way but was worried there would be a great deal of people and a little hard to find a good camp.How did you find the situation while passing?All the best,
Regards Dave
FollowupID: 349605

Follow Up By: Erwin - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:49

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:49
See one of the previous posts today.

I've been coming down this way for almost 30 years and every time there seems to be more people camped there. One time you were surprised to see another vehicle, and if you did, then you knew them. There were no campsites along the beach when we came down. It was a free for all and very crowded both with vehicles and camps.
It is still a nice drive but if youwant a bit of prvacy whilst camping this is not the spot to be at the moment.
Cheers

Erwin
FollowupID: 349615

Follow Up By: Erwin - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:50

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:50
That should be there were no campsites left.
FollowupID: 349616

Follow Up By: XS Challenger - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:47

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:47
Thanks, thats it Kings Bore Track.
What the condition of the track at the moment and could you get a trailer with high clearance through it??
Thanks

Richard
FollowupID: 349667

Follow Up By: Erwin - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 20:58

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 20:58
You will have no trouble getting a high clearance trailer through. The worst bit is where it goes down onto the beach. It is narrow with high sides and sand build up. But the wheel channel is quite reasonable at the moment. I didn't even scrape on the way down. On a rating of 1-10 for difficulty I would rate it as a 1.

Cheers

Erwin
FollowupID: 349737

Follow Up By: Erwin - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:06

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:06
GPS Co-ords for the start are S 25deg 59.840 E 153deg 04.200 on WGS84. Track is 21.4 kms long. Heading towards Rainbow it is 2.8kms on the right past the Poverty Point turn-off. (Which is on your left.)
FollowupID: 349739

Reply By: Rocky M QLD - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:02

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:02
xs challenger,
the track is called the Kings Bore track and brings you out about 11 kms south of the Cherry Venture and when driving along the beach north is barely visable and is not sign posted.Hope this is of hellp.
regards Dave
AnswerID: 91026

Follow Up By: XS Challenger - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:50

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:50
Dave,

yes thats the one thankyou.

Is it a good drive?

Thanks Richard
FollowupID: 349668

Reply By: Member - KG (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 23:13

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 23:13
yeah... kings bore track.

i uploaded this trip to plotplace awhile back.

enjoy :)
AnswerID: 91043

Follow Up By: XS Challenger - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:52

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:52
Thanks KG, What is this Plotplace??

Richard
FollowupID: 349669

Reply By: Phil & Tracey (NT) - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 15:14

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 15:14
Hi Richard

Hows it going?

Its an area here on exploroz where people upload their plotfiles from their GPS for different treks they have been on.

on the top menu if you click on Trip Planning and then click on Digital Mapping Data that will take you to Plotswap

Tracey
AnswerID: 91110

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 16:16

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 16:16
Hi,

Go to the following link and it will give some good info on the area including the Kings Bore Track.

CLICK HERE

A couple of bits of extra info which may help are: Where the Kings Bore Track meets the beach is a one way only track going down to the beach so you can't go off the beach and drive the track, so I think that is the one you are referring to. Shortly after entering the Kings Bore Track you will come to a fork with a sign which has Camp Milo on it. The Kings Bore Track veers off to the right but the Camp MIlo Track is also a good drive and merges with the Kings Bore Track not long before it goes down to the beach.

Cooloola Way Information:

This section of the Cooloola area is accessed via the Bruce Highway via the town of Cooroy. To access the Cooloola Way find the town of Cooroy which is a short distance off the Bruce Highway and from there you look for the Pomona sign. A short fourteen kilometre journey will see you about to enter the town of Kin Kin. A right turn just before town will put the car onto the road to Wolvi, via Gympie. Kin Kin creek will be a landmark to ensure that the vehicle is on the right course to Harry's Hut.

Some twelve kilometres out from Kin Kin the unsealed Cooloola Way is sign posted on the right, just after a short climb up a rainforest shrouded range on a gravel road. The Cooloola Way will take you through to the Rainbow Beach Road and ultimately Rainbow Beach approximately 48 kays away.

Cooloola Way is a quite reasonable unsealed road through pine forest, rain forest and banksia wallum scrub - in that order. A landmark will be McRae's road on the left. From there it's not far to the Harry's Hut turnoff which is well signed. Total distance from the Cooloola Way sign to Harry's Hut is 14 kilometres although at 30 kilometres an hour it does seem somewhat further.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Cheers

Brian

AnswerID: 91117

Reply By: daisygirl - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 20:04

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 20:04
We have been down the Kings Bore track twice now. The second time our friends were towing their Ultimate and they said it was a little tight towards the end where the sand is quite high at the sides but otherwise pretty easy. Its mainly downhill all the way.

We usually go up along the beach to Cherry Venture across to Rainbow Beach and then either camp at Inskip or if just doing a day trip then just come back down the Kings Bore and then back along beach to the ferry and home through Noosa back to Brisbane.
AnswerID: 91150

Sponsored Links