Overdrive in Surf not working

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 17:21
ThreadID: 19008 Views:1802 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A mate of mine has a 94 auto Surf. It does not go into overdrive. It stays locked in third even though the overdrive switch is on. Fuses and sensors have been checked and appear OK. Has anyone else had this problem. Any ideas?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: kathyafety - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 20:33

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 20:33
gud day, I had the same problem with my 93 pajero auto about a year ago. at that time, i also checked all the fuses and sensors and they were o.k. referred it to a personal technician from mitsubishi. Traced the wiring and found out there was faulty wiring from the o.d. button to part of the auto trans which looks like a cpu. the wiring was really mixed up. luckily he reconnected the correct wiring back to its supposed to be connections and o.d. worked like a breeze. i suggest u contact a mechanic you know who works in toyota, the problem on ur surf might be similar to what i had previously on my pajero. Hope this helps :-)
AnswerID: 91022

Reply By: itisi - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:28

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:28
Have a 93 Surf myself and tho not having had that problem (touch head) would suspect a wiring fault.

Checkout the Ozi Surf site for some help

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/

Perhaps your friend may want to join up as a member (now over 1000) and request some advice on the forum.

Cheers
Rod
AnswerID: 91057

Sponsored Links