Rover Park

Submitted: Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:13
ThreadID: 19023 Views:2138 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Just got off the rover park web site after hearing about a 4x4 comp there on the 22/23rd of Jan and was very impressed with what I saw. Not only can I go 4x4ing but the wife and rest of the family can thngs from horseriding to a round of golf. Also the comp they have going on sounds great, Rockcrawlers,Tuff trucks and winch challenge trucks all competeing on the same cousre on a points handicap systems.
All up sounds too good to be true so could someone who has been there let me know if it really is as good as it sounds, or has it been talked up?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:44

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:44
umm whats the site URL
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 91076

Follow Up By: Chucky - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 11:29

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 11:29
Sorry forgot to put the address, and I don't know how to do links so here is the site address.

www.roverpark.com
FollowupID: 349664

Reply By: daisygirl - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 19:44

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 19:44
I have been to Rover Park once and a really nice place. They do have comps from time to time. The Golf course if quite rough but some of our friends had a bit of a hack around. They do have horse riding and a kids petting place with animals, etc.

Unfortunately unlike most 4wd places you cant take dogs (probably because of their own animals) but other than that a pretty good place.
AnswerID: 91148

Reply By: hoyks - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 23:12

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 23:12
I went there with some guys from the Overlander Forum last year. It is a good spot. There was stuff to test most peoples abilities and a spacious camp ground and plenty of firewood.

We booked a van for the night, which was quite good value. The vans have been gutted and a full sized bed put in which is handy if you are 6'+ like me.
AnswerID: 91195

Reply By: Member - KG (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 00:48

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 00:48
i go there a lot... i was there for new years - i've been to most of the parks around brisbane and roverpark is the one i always seem to end up going back to.
it's very green there at the moment and the creeks are flowing... LOTS of bugs at night - aeroguard and rid have no effect.

the battle of the codes on 22/23rd should be a cracker....

it's a great spot and hans and heidi (the hosts) are very friendly and they take a lot of pride in the place as the campsites and facilities (free hot showers even!) are always very clean.

a stock vehicle with low range and decent clearance can do all the medium tracks with little to no risk of damage (don't sue me if you break something)

it's definitely worth the 45minute trip up to the old goldmine - careful with kids though.... it's a long way down (don't sue me if your kid breaks something)

no i don't work for roverpark, no i'm not being paid for this, no this is not a scripted advertisement - i'm just a happy customer
AnswerID: 91207

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:59

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:59
Hi there,
I ain't affiliated with Rover Park in ANY way either..... but I AM a very happy customer! The park is very well organized, the tracks are very good, the "extra's" like the two mines and the old prepping station are very interesting, (Be careful at the gold mine, no fence around it) Hans and Heidi who run the place are quite lovely people. It all means a very good spot o get away to for a few days!!!!
AnswerID: 91219

Reply By: Chucky - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:54

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:54
Thanks for the info guys,
However I think this was a mixed blessing, since the outlaws got on the website and read the replys for you guys, they have decieded to come along as well. At least I will be watching the comp. The kids should have a ball as well.
AnswerID: 91254

Sponsored Links