Donations for Dylan.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:36
ThreadID: 19057 Views:2770 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
If the mods have issues with this, call me before u delete this, you have my ph #.

For those that dont frequent Outerlimits, we are working on gettin this kid to USA for treatment that MAY save his life.

This is Dylans Page, read it, and then read the latest update, which is done daily.

The original thread on this story

This is the thread that we have regarding donations If your willing to help, please do.. We will run a BBQ down at Ballam Park in Frankston/Karingal sometime soon to get together with Tim(Dylans Dad), and just get people together for a day.

This is also posted on other 4wd forums, and they are gettin behind it too.. So EO people are invited also get behind this... We are hoping to get him there to also get some positive press for 4wding in general (hopefully down at Ballam Park with all the 4bs there)....

Latest news is he needs to get there REAL soon.

Tuesday, January 4, 2005 3:13 AM CST

O.K now I am in PANIC mode!!! I just got off the phone to MSKCC and Dr Modak has told me that I need to get Dylan to them within the next two weeks for an initial consultation and tests. He basically said that without any treatment, Dylan’s condition will deteriorate everyday, and that we cannot wait until the end of January to get him there. By the time we get test results etc, it will be the end of January and that’s when he should be on the operating table not arriving in New York. Dr Modak said that he is confident that the tumour can be removed and then we can follow up with a round of chemo to get his immune system down, then hit him with the 3F8 antibodies to see if we can clear the bone marrow. I did not have the courage to tell him that finances are a concern to us. With what I have already, it should pay for the initial consultation and tests. The international centre from MSKCC will send me a bill and request it be wired over before I arrive. Then I will need at least $200,00 US for the surgery though, and that would be by the end of January for sure. So I will have to make dates to fly over in the next two weeks and hope that while I am gone, that somehow the money is raised in time for surgery. There is so much for me to organize before I go and it scares me to think that I may end up flying back because I don’t have the funds. Well, all I can do is try, and at least get an official second opinion from the best hospital in the world for Neuroblastoma. I have just been told by a friend that they have a relative that can pick us up from the airport, which is a god send. Tomorrow I will try meeting with our local members of parliament to see if there is any possibility to get help from the government. If nothing else, they may be able to help me with the visa.

Lets try and give this kid a chance.

Thanks for reading this people.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ianmc - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:58

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:58
Hard to fathom the huge costs of some procedures. Have you done a search on ozone therapy?? This is filtering the contaminated blood thru an ozone generator & back into the body. It cleanses & kills the infection within one hour & as there is no money or patents in it for the pharmas its not recognised in US or OZ & other places no doubt.
I think a search on google will reveal lots. A DrMcCabe was driven out of the US to Mexico I think for curing patients with this simple treatment & another I know of is
Dr Bernard W Barber, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Ph +603 2144 4876 fax +603 2144 2876, brbarber@integratedbiologics.net.
I dont wish to raise false hopes or complicate matters but feel that anyone who is looking at life or death situations needs to be aware of all possibilities.
An enquiry will cost little. May the Lord be with the boy in what ever way is chosen.
AnswerID: 91255

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:18

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:18
"Hard to fathom the huge costs of some procedures."

I agree totally.

Having been thru 30-50 ops in last 5 yrs myself (lost count at 30) from my accident. Thank christ it was workcover, the total outlay by the insurance co in the time was $200k+

I don't even know the kid or the family, I read it in the local paper on page 23000000000 not page 1, or 2... I thought we should do something to help them. As teh crew on OL said, 5000 registered members, each donates $10.00 then thats a wack of their bills paid for. Who would miss $10.. Then we have had most people donating $50EACH!!!! Just hope that the banking issues resolve themselves tonight.

I hope someone would help my kid out if something similar happened...

We shall see what happens.
FollowupID: 349816

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:25

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:25
Donation Done!
AnswerID: 91263

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:26

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:26
Thanks dude, was just going to post up we had our first EO Donation :)
FollowupID: 349819

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 23:24

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 23:24
Added my 2c worth too Bruce, like to know what the final amount is, and when young Dylan heads off. Great idea to promote the 4b movement too.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 91358

Reply By: Brad and His Disco - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:00

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:00
Hi,

Where could i send a cheque or deposit money into.
AnswerID: 91421

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 20:02

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 20:02
check out the lower link on T-Mans post above it gives all the details
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 350037

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 20:33

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 20:33
http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/
You will have to register on OLimits to access it.. Takes 2 seconds.. Just the way its been...
FollowupID: 350049

Sponsored Links