Vehicle reliability info .

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:07
ThreadID: 19079 Views:5276 Replies:8 FollowUps:106
This Thread has been Archived
Just some facts and figures that some may find of interest.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0411/09/b01-328882.htm

Toyota and Honda Dominate Most Reliable SUV List; General Motors and Ford Dominate Least Reliable SUV List

http://www.autooninfo.info/NAEd200411SUVList.htm
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Johnno1 - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:08

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:08
Toyota Garners 16 of 32 Most Reliable

Sixteen motor vehicle models by Toyota Motor Corporation made Consumer Reports' 32 most reliable list. They include:

The Toyota Prius, Toyota's immensely and globally popular gas-electric hybrid
The Toyota Corolla, Toyota's 38-year-old legend
The Scion xB, Toyota's young person's vehicle, that is popular with both the under-30 and the over-50 baby boomers
The Toyota Echo
The Lexus SC430 sporty car
The Toyota Celica sporty car
The Lexus IS300
The 4-cylinder Toyota Camry
The Toyota Avalon
The Lexus LS430, Toyota's flagship luxury car
The Lexus GS300/GS430
The Toyota Land Cruiser, a large sport utility vehicle of international repute
The Toyota Highlander mid-size SUV
The Toyota RAV4 small SUV
The Lexus LX470 large SUV
The Toyota Tundra pickup truck

Toyota's Tundra was the only pickup truck model to make the most reliable list. No minivan model of any manufacturer made the most reliable list.

The most reliable list is based on CR's membership responses regarding serious problems experienced with vehicles of the three most recent model years - 2003, 2004, and 2005.

Source for reliability lists: "European Vehicle Reliability Stalls," by Brett Clanton, Detroit News, November 9, 2004, available at http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0411/09/b01-328882.htm
AnswerID: 91400

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:12

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:12
You must be related to Harold Scruby.

He cant tell the difference in we are in Aussie, and all his facts and stats that relate 0 to Australia are from USA too.
FollowupID: 349971

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:28

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:28
The Toyota Prius, Toyota's immensely and globally popular gas-electric hybrid : never seen one perhaps they dont make them rhd
The Toyota Land Cruiser, a large sport utility vehicle of international repute: tough yes sporty? not on your life

The Toyota Highlander mid-size SUV : highlander, didnt he go around chopping peoples heads off?
The Toyota Tundra pickup truck : never heard of it perhaps I want one

The Scion xB : xb isnt that a ford?
FollowupID: 349974

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:48

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:48
Toyota Prius - European Car of year and 35 sold monthly in Australia.

Highlander - Exactly the same as the Kluger ( same car )

LAndcruiser - sportier than a Patrol

Tundra - not here yet but damn what a great pick up.

As far as Trucksters naieve comments they are the same vehicles exported out of Japan that the rest of the world gets so the reliability figures are global in nature and backed up by what ever survery you care read on what ever continent you care to choose.
FollowupID: 349978

Follow Up By: Tim HJ61 - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:51

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:51
Davoe,
City of Perth has some of these for their inner city traffic inspector type roles.

Park in a Clearway for half an hour and you'll be sure to see one up close. :-)

Tim
FollowupID: 349981

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:57

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:57
Hey Johnno, why is it that vehicle manufacturers ship their vehicles to other continents for reliability testing before release.
FollowupID: 349995

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 15:59

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 15:59
Isn't it amazing that no matter what continent you look at and what climate and conditions that continent is situated in the same two names soar above the rest in reliability surveys.

Toyota and Honda.

FollowupID: 350006

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 21:52

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 21:52
How to lie with statistics.

Trouble is they don't give you the parameters by which they mesasure the reliability.

Old blackfella saying is " Toyota come in for repairs. Nissan come in for service"......True...and they should know!!!
FollowupID: 350066

Follow Up By: TheUndertaker - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 22:19

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 22:19
And Willem, you forgot that they also say "only see thems bloody FORDS to gets the petrols an some ice to keep the tinnies cold.
FollowupID: 350075

Follow Up By: govo - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 22:59

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 22:59
Ok ..so what you are trying to say here is that we should only buy tojo's and forget the rest...ummm lets see..landcruisers are about $20,000 over priced now..so if we only had landcruisers to choose from me thinky that they be $40,000 over priced..wake up and get a life you looser..l enjoy this site becuase of the excellent advise that is posted on here and the last thing l need is some bu..sh.. from some nerd going on about reliablity of toyoto's and honda's..if l had that dollars to spend on a luxury 4wd l'd spend it on a bmw ,porche or a vw..afterall you would only buy these 4wd to be noticed so why buy a 4wd that is as common as a comodore
FollowupID: 350086

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 23:36

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 23:36
"naieve comments"

You are obviously greatly deluded if you believe yourself.

Every country has different specs of the same model cars, from diffs, to pistons, to other parts.. Not every LANDCRUISER sent to every country is the same. So specs from USA havebleepall to do with Australia.

For example the steering and drive line on USA spec cars is a little different. they are left hand drive. If you are the car expert, and used car genuis you say you are, you would have thought of this.

Maybe you can compare how to distort things with Harold..
Harold Scruby
Chairman/CEO – Pedestrian Council of Australia Tel:
(02) 9968-4555 (0418) 110-011

Gawd.. When do school holidays end...
FollowupID: 350088

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:50

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:50
Hey truckster why don't you slow down and read my last post carefully.

I said that it is the " same " vehicles winning the reliability awards all over the planet. Can you grasp what that means ?

Matters not what spec each vehicle has on each continent because it is still winning all of the awards in that particular spec.

If you are still having trouble with this please give me a yell and I will help you out.

Willem wrote.

quote "How to lie with statistics.

Trouble is they don't give you the parameters by which they mesasure the reliability.

Old blackfella saying is " Toyota come in for repairs. Nissan come in for service"......True...and they should know!!! "

Lol !

Lie with statistics ... hehe ... yeh okay.. Do you know who JD Powers are ?? Didn't think so.

DO a little research.

http://www.jdpa.com/studies/category.asp?CatID=1

Toyota come in for repairs hey ?

Only if it has been towing a Nissan out of trouble for the last 2000 km's. A little figure you may want to digest is this. 5 % of all Toyota / Honda vehicles that go through service departments in Australia are there for warranty related issues . Nissan is 9 % !! Nearly double . Ford is 18% !!!

Stop debating things you know nothing about .

Seriously !
FollowupID: 350094

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:01

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:01
Willem, the reliability in this case is measured by customer satisfaction surveys so includes everything from paint scratches to diff and suspension problems to full blown engine melt downs, probably includes the salesman attitude as well.

FollowupID: 350112

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:02

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:02
geeezzz.... Johnno1.... no need to get uppity here... Toyo's DO break down you know..... Nissans do as well.... so do Rolls and Porsches and Mercs and ..... the list goes on and on and on and on.... just like the threads of yota owners spruiking on about how good their over-priced cars are... Good???? Yes, everything Toyota is good! Worth the extra cash???? Probably not.... infallible???? NEVER!

Surveys??

Well.... heres one... last two day trips I went out with my club, both trips it was the toyota's that needed rescue.....methinks that may have had more to do with the drivers than the car though! And that is probably the crux of the matter!!

Incidentally, in our club we have a "Yota-Mouth" who ALWAYS knocks
the opposition makes..... the ONLY time I have NOT seen him stuck was on a scenic run on the highway... he drives an 80 series.... does that mean that 80's are NOT a good 4X4???? No it doesn't!!!

FollowupID: 350113

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:53

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:53
Comparing Toyota / Honda to Porsche , rolls and Merc is hardly fair on Toyota as they are worlds ahead in build quality and all reliability surveys reflect the steady decline of European build quality.

FollowupID: 350118

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:03

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:03
My understanding from the article is that the japs are ahead because their cars are very simple and they don't introduce any new technology like the Europeans. Very hard to get passionate about Japanense vehicles isn't it.
FollowupID: 350119

Follow Up By: Willem - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:09

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:09
This is a lovely discussion................lol

Johnno posted
Only if it has been towing a Nissan out of trouble for the last 2000 km's. A little figure you may want to digest is this. 5 % of all Toyota / Honda vehicles that go through service departments in Australia are there for warranty related issues . Nissan is 9 % !! Nearly double . Ford is 18% !!!

Here we go again...wrong parameters.....Service Departments being that of the Dealer Principal or associated dealers...how many 'other' mechanical workshops are included in this survey? I think not....statistics lie...... yeah you are right I do not know who JDPowers is....related to Austin Powers perhaps? lol
FollowupID: 350122

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:58

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:58
Johnno1 wrote
"Comparing Toyota / Honda to Porsche , rolls and Merc is hardly fair on Toyota as they are worlds ahead in build quality and all reliability surveys reflect the steady decline of European build quality."

Rolls and mercs " are worlds ahead" so it's unfair to compare them but in the next bit "all reliability surveys reflect the steady decline of European build quality."

So which bit is right???

More to the point.... when does school go back??? LOL...LOL

Check the survey in about a years time when more of the LC100 IFS front ends have collapsed due to people's insistence of upgrading the suspension and daring to take it off road. And BEFORE the Yota lobby group take me to task for this..... let me point out that I do believe the LC100 to be one of the finest vehicles I have been in, and I do believe that if you bought your LC100 to take off road then it should go offroad.... and I do believe that the manufacturer should honor the warranty for this front end drama.

Don't Shoot Me I'm Just The Piano Player :-)

FollowupID: 350137

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:36

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:36
But Jonno.. your whole basis for your pI$$ poor losing arguement is stats that come from DETROIT NEWS..

Source for reliability lists: "European Vehicle Reliability Stalls," by Brett Clanton, Detroit News, November 9, 2004, available at http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0411/09/b01-328882.htm

Now if my memory serves me correct, Detroit is not in Australia is it?

Here let me prove it - click this link.

Its in a country called AMERICA.. A country with the most bolloxed up stats on earth, that can be twisted into anything you want them to mean, as several other people here have pointed out...

People who have poor arguements, like Harold and Little Harold(your new nick), always use stats from USA, since stats in Australia (Where we live!!) are never as obvious.

FollowupID: 350147

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:42

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:42
Brian if you read what i wrote carefully it will make sense to you. DO you still need me to explain ?

Truckster you are right . Americans are always trying to swing things in favour of things american built and the Toyota still comes our on top .
Do a search for Jd Powers and read the survey results and then you can talk like you know what you are on about.

Until then quit with the dribble.
FollowupID: 350150

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:45

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:45
Quote. truckster.

People who have poor arguements, like Harold and Little Harold(your new nick), always use stats from USA, since stats in Australia (Where we live!!) are never as obvious.

Lol !!!!

Is that so ?? Is that because as far as percentages go Australian sales are a mere freckle on my arse in comparison ??

Is you disagree with these stats then please provide links to your accurate stats so we can all read them . Problm is that all you will find is more and more support for my facts and figures.

Full of hot air mate.
FollowupID: 350152

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:08

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:08
"Americans are always trying to swing things in favour of things american built and the Toyota still comes our on top"
LMAO.. blind leading the blind..

"Is that so ?? Is that because as far as percentages go Australian sales are a mere freckle on my arse in comparison ??"
But your the one sprouting these figures should matter to Australia - are you not? You have no figures from the australian market do you? You cant even keep up can you?

Do you know where you are? We are in AUSTRALIA.bleepALL to do with USA, or figures from Sibera, or how warm it is on the planet Pluto. We are in Australia.

Your the STATS god, you find your own stats on Cars in Australia - which you have been desperately searching for, cause if you would have found them you would have posted them.

"Is you disagree"
"Problm is that all you will find is more and more support for my facts and figures"
1) You really should go back to school, your english is hideous, obviously not your first language.
2) Find your own figures, dilligaf? I just love baiting fools that are losing arguements they are determined to win -specially when I know they wont..

Full of hot air mate -
1) I am not your mate
2) You certainly are.
FollowupID: 350185

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:17

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:17
http://kdka.com/consumer/local_story_154174957.html

Since you want USA stats. Here is your wonderful Prius in second RV 4 in 16th and Highlander toping out the 20.

2003 Lemon List
The lemon list is based on the number of consumer complaints on file with the National Highway for Traffic Safety Administration (with #1 being the vehicle logging the most complaints)

1. Ford Escape
2. Toyota Prius
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee
12. Suzuki Grand Vitara
16. Toyota RAV4
18. Subaru Forrester
25. Toyota Highlander
FollowupID: 350192

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:29

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:29
You need to get something more up to date than that. Like something from this year for instance ?? :)

2004 Lemon List
Source: Center for Auto Safety

(Vehicles with highest "complaint index ratio" top the list)

# 1. Subaru Impreza

# 2. Infiniti I35

# 3. Audi A4

# 4. Ford Escape

# 5. Ford Focus

# 6. Acura RSX

# 7. Pontiac Aztek

# 8. Ford Excursion

# 9. Mitsubishi Eclipse

# 10. Jeep Liberty

# 11. Chevrolet Corvette

# 12. Chevrolet Blazer

# 13. Suzuki Grand Vitara

# 14. Volkswagen Passat

# 15. Honda Insight

# 16. Volkswagen Jetta

# 17. Acura TL

# 18. Suzuki Vitara

# 19. Land Rover Freelander

# 20. Audi A6

http://kdka.com/consumer/local_story_203181939.html

Not a Toyota in the Top 20 !!!!!

Your searhing is not very thorough which is reflective of your content free arguments.
FollowupID: 350197

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:39

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:39
I have to agree with the notion that foreign stats are only (maybe) useful for observing general trends amongst car makers themselves and not individual models. For example - the USA stats put the Jeep Grand Cherokee at No.#10 in the post above. We don't get American-made Grand Cherokee's over here - they are all made in Austria in the Puch-Steyr plant (along with UniMogs and Haflingers) - and as such this lemon survey taints the reputaion of the Grand Cherokee (not the KJ Cherokee or TJ Wrangler as they are US-made - even our imported ones) over here in our own market.

On the same site as the one mentioned above I saw this:

"The complaint index is based on a ratio of the number of complaints for each vehicle to the sales of that vehicle."

MODEL COMPLAINT INDEX RATIO

Subaru Impreza 27,952
Infiniti I35 21,372
Audi A4 18,943
Ford Escape 14,441
Ford Focus 13,346
Acura RSX 11,657
Pontiac Aztek 11,537
Ford Excursion 10,277
Mitsubishi Eclipse 9,691
Jeep Liberty 9,450
Chevrolet Corvette 9,214
Chevrolet Blazer 7,938
Suzuki Grand Vitara 7,385
Volkswagen Passat 6,687
Honda Insight 6,496
Volkswagen Jetta 6,152
Acura TL 6,058
Suzuki Vitara 5,913
Land Rover Freelander 5,589
Audi A6 5,571
Dodge Caravan 5,561
Jeep Grand Cherokee 5,235
Honda S2000 5,162
GMC Yukon 5,094
Dodge Neon 5,045

Read it as you will.... but as an overall index, am I to judge that the Jeep Grand Cherokee is "reasonably" complaint-free given the total sales? Figures such as this are oh-so open to a multitude of interpretations.

So... this is why I just drive the vehicle that I like - and pretty-much disregard the figures that these companies seem so keen to sell us.
FollowupID: 350203

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:06

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:06
This c%$# is starting to fill up my inbox so I will put my 2 cents worth in I have read simular surveys in choice from quite awhile ago and soon relized that they were of limited value coz vehicles could be lumped as lemons with low satisfaction for a variety of reasons from blowing motors to the mirror on the passenger side visor cracking to easily. It doesnt take into account other factors which are important. No way will I buy a prius just coz it is reliable coz it wouldnt be worth jack around Kalgoorlie. Apart from some noteable exeptions the reliability of a vehicle and your satisfaction with it largely comes down to making the correct choice for you in the first place and looking after it. For instance if you are looking at buying a vehicle to lift atach every accesory to and then pound it down every every remote track in australia and you have you heart set on a yota you might be better off with the standard 100/troopy/ute rather than the more upmarket models . Another thing they dont take into account is what about after 10 years. I have just bought a 10 year old cruiser and what satisfys me is alot different to what satisfys a new to 3 year old car buyer
FollowupID: 350207

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:19

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:19
Actually seeing as you are so big on facts lets have some real facts
How many vehicles have you owned and how many were Toyotas and were you satisfyed with them
me
1x ValiantCM
3x Toyotas , one camry one l/c camper one 80 series
2x Nissans one skyline one E20 campervan
1x pos HJ Holden I bought for$200
satisfyed sometimes andbleepoff other times most reliable one was a tojo as was the least
FollowupID: 350215

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:25

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:25
and what facts does this support ?

You need to look at a bigger sample than that to get real information which you should know.

All current facts in the market support completely my comments and that is good enough for me and obviously good enough for the public in general as well as Toyota sales are once again #1 in Australia by a long way !
FollowupID: 350217

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:44

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 13:44
just trying to get an idea of what your angle is I see very little point in bagging vehicles if you have little/no experience in owning and maintaining them it is only then you start getting a true appreciation for what you really want to own. eg you want a big 4by so you buy a patrol 4.8 nuff power but to much fuel so you buy a landcruiser diesal ute but get annoyed when your gear is flogged out the back so you go to buy a troopy but it is too dear so buy a landrover defender and hey guess what despite all you heard you are actually happy with it so you chuck your latest survey out the window coz now you know what you are talking about now
FollowupID: 350222

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:59

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:59
Damn, thought I had shut you up by exposing your complete lack of practical knowledge. You remind me of me and my freinds when I was at school arguing over who made the best muscle cars out of ford holden and valiant bhp quarter mile times bathurst wins etc etc
I still havnt got to drive a 351 ho or e38 charger but the big difference was I TOLD PEOPLE WHO GAVE A DAMN AND UTIMATELY NEW AS LITTLE AS ME
FollowupID: 350277

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:21

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:21
Davoe your little hypothetical exercise whilst entertaining is hardly relevant to 95% of 4wd owners who just want the car for kids shopping etc .

You can trivialise purchase motives all you want but this is not reflective of the market and decisions that result in purchases in that market.

FollowupID: 350285

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:29

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:29
maybe not to the claimed 95% however this forum is used by the other 5% and they dont give a damn
FollowupID: 350287

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:44

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:44
And I totally agree with you there however you did not state that when you made your point.
FollowupID: 350296

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:19

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:19
"Davoe your little hypothetical exercise whilst entertaining is hardly relevant to 95% of 4wd owners who just want the car for kids shopping etc "

Hardly any of your shi+ is 4wd related either. lets look at your first post in your dribble..

How many of these cars are 4wds?

The Scion xB, Toyota's young person's vehicle, that is popular with both the under-30 and the over-50 baby boomers
The Toyota Echo
The Lexus IS300
The Toyota Avalon
The Lexus GS300/GS430

FollowupID: 350308

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:23

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:23
and what is the title of the thread ?

Is it 4wd reliablity or vehicle reliability ?

Keep up mate.
FollowupID: 350312

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:29

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:29
Then why are most of your cut and pastes full of cars EG

HOW WONDERFUL TOYOTA IS GROAN GROAN TOSS...

Again, how many are 4wds in the list you posted? Are you smart enough to understand the question?

No response yet johnno1??
Did not think so.

The Toyota Echo
The Lexus IS300
The Toyota Avalon
The Lexus GS300/GS430
FollowupID: 350318

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:45

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:45
How many 4wd's hey ?

Plenty.
FollowupID: 350330

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:57

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:57
ENOUGH ALRIGHT WE GIVEUP ON BEHALF OF EVERY ONE I WOULD LIKE TO DECLARE YOU THE WINNER AND ALL OF US WILL BE SELLING OUR PEICE OF CRAP CRUISERS PATROL;S DEFENDERS JACKS WHATEVER AND GOING OUT AND BYING THAT ALMIGHTY ICON OF RELIABILITY THE MAGNIFICENT, WONDERFULL IMPERIOUS TOYOTA PRIUS IT IS A TRULY SUPERB MOTOR VEHICLE COZ IF IT AINT THE MOST RELIABLE TOYOTA IT ISNT WORTH HAVING
Now wheres the number of my local yota dealer Ive got a trade in to organize before my pos breks down
FollowupID: 350338

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:01

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:01
Now now..

No need for sarcasm !! :)
FollowupID: 350341

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:10

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:10
"Brian if you read what i wrote carefully it will make sense to you. DO you still need me to explain ? "

Mister.... I can read! Do you need to explain?? Only explain why it is that you are the only one defending your own points of view. As I have on many, MANY occassions mentioned, points of view are likebleeps... everyone has one and is entitled to use it! There are many MANY other points of view on this forum that are far more imaginative, believeable and indeed worhty of reading than yours.... can everyone here that has debated this thread be wrong???? All of them?? I doubt it.
This is a 4X4, camping, adventure, forum.... not the I-Love-Toyota-therefore-they-are-the-ONLY-car-to-drive club, as well as it ain't the I-Love-Nissan/LAndie/Jeep-therefore-they-are-the-ONLY-car-to-drive club

Go back to school laddie..... pay attention and you just might learn something!
FollowupID: 350343

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:26

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:26
Davoe, Be careful to check the EMR levels in the Prius, sometime ago the levels were above suggested safe levels in the rear left passenger seat....not kiddin.....they may have fixed it now but you may be up with some very reliable health problems.

The Honda Hybrid had the same problem throughout the whole vehicle.
FollowupID: 350346

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:58

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:58
Mayyyyyyyte as long as tops the list of reliable toyotas in the top 32 thats all that matters are you suggesting there would be any other reson for buying a vehicle? I cant believe I stumbled through life this far without the knowledge that has now been graciosly bestowed upon me. You are an unbeliever and shall die like all the other idiots that dont own a prius
FollowupID: 350353

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 19:47

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 19:47
Plenty... LMAO!!!
Not even 1/4

You are truely a failure at school too...

Had enough playing with kids.. see ya back on ICQ Ray
FollowupID: 350364

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:27

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:27
Davoe I am merely making you aware of the facts.

What you do with this knowledge is entirely up to you. They are not my opinions they are the facts.
FollowupID: 350395

Follow Up By: Member - Matt Mu (Perth-WA) - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 14:44

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 14:44
Ahh Johnno-1
what is the point of making people aware of irrelevant fact, you are just wasting air, please stop. Your irrelevant facts have nothing to do with this forum, so why post? Did your doll deflate and now you need something else to occupy you time before school resumes.

Just go away little boy!
FollowupID: 353276

Reply By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:03

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:03
Here you go in case you can't search yourself.

JD powers in Europe.

2004 IQS Rankings

Toyota continues to be the highest-ranking corporation in IQS, with seven models receiving awards—the most of any corporation. Toyota is followed in the corporate ranking by American Honda Motor Co. and Hyundai Motor America in a tie

http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2004037

Feel free to search other parts of the planet as well..

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/telecom/search.asp?CatlD=3

And your facts are where ?

AnswerID: 91570

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:04

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:04
sorry last link was wrong. Good for telecom research though.

Try this one.

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/index.jsp
FollowupID: 350162

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:10

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:10
"sorry last link was wrong"
Like most of your arguements?

Again, why are you showing us anything from USA? Wrong market, wrong cars, wrong side of the planet.....
FollowupID: 350186

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:24

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:24
Did you check the link ?

It is global you daft man.
FollowupID: 350195

Reply By: govo - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:26

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:26
Ummm johnno..the reason toyota has been number 1 in the sales is because they offer very good incentives to large companys to buy and lease them..how do l know this..well my brother in law used work in the sales at the head office..in reality if you remove the company and leaseing sales then you would find that toyota sales to the general public would be quite low..in fact nissan and mitshbishi would be the leaders..you only have to drive around suburbia and count how many toyotas you see compared to other makes..l like the landcruisers a lot and wanted to but one but did not like the idea off being ripped off $20,000.and what the hell does a survey taken overseas have to do with us..go and join sn bob brown and his cronies and stop posting crap to stir everybody up
AnswerID: 91600

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:47

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:47
umm govo if you knew some other facts you would also realise that Toyotas percentage of total sales which is fleet is 46% , Holden 59% and Ford 62% .

FollowupID: 350240

Follow Up By: Member- Peter & Mrs Peter, Lez - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:14

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:14
Good one Johnno, that stat on fleet sales SHOULD shut the knockers up. GO JOHNNO.
FollowupID: 350251

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:48

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:48
well if you are going to rubbish one make for fleet sales you should know what the other precentages are as well. Makes sense so you can better judge and compare.
FollowupID: 350270

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:20

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:20
which is fleet is 46% , Holden 59% and Ford 62% .

what % is 4wd related which you keep barking on about?
FollowupID: 350310

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:29

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:29
Can you keep up ?

I dont think so. easily distracted aren't you. We were not talking about 4wd at all . Read slowly and carefully.
FollowupID: 350317

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:32

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:32
The only thing you are good at, is not answering the question... You specialise in it, you never answer one.

So your saying 62% of all 4wd fleet sales are Fords? and 59% are holdens?

LMAO! You couldnt be that stupid and not be a troll
FollowupID: 350320

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:43

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:43
Sorry mate but you are daft.

we are not talking about 4wd's but fleet sales in general. Read before you continue to make a dick of yourself.
FollowupID: 350327

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 19:54

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 19:54
LMAO..

You cant even make a good arguement.. Change tact to suit yourself, when your losing like Skandia? You too are sinking....

govo said
"what the hell does a survey taken overseas have to do with us."
You still havent answered this one..

HEY EVERYONE ITS SIR JOE BJELKE PETERSON himself!!
Never answered a question yet.... You will have to look that one up johnno, they wouldnt have covered that in 1st form yet.
FollowupID: 350366

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:31

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:31
We drive the same vehicles you twit.

Guess that might have something to do with it .

LOL !!!!
FollowupID: 350401

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 16:49

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 16:49
You still have never answered a question yet....

govo said
"what the hell does a survey taken overseas have to do with us."
You still havent answered this one..
FollowupID: 350602

Reply By: Member - Tim - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:43

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:43
This is the kind of post that I really should have nothing to do with but I just can't resist.

Every Toyota I have ever driven or travelled in has been boring, boring, boring. They might make them reliable but they can't make them interesting. Even when a mate of mine had one of the early 2 litre Celicas my RX3 would walk all over it.

And frankly Johnno1 you can love your yotas as much as you like but you will not change one persons opinion so what the hell are you getting so hot about? Do you sell them?

And I will stop there since I am at risk of descending to the same level.
AnswerID: 91604

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:49

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:49
Is it BackTracks, InHock or one of his other alter-egos?

Nah... couldn't be.... I mentioned "Jeep" and there was no reponse...
FollowupID: 350241

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:51

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 14:51
Celicas have never been exciting , get a grip.

You really should get out more and drive some of the great cars out there by Toyota
FollowupID: 350242

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:06

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:06
Dead right Tim, The Avalon was built to compete against the Falcon and Commodore, even the oldies couldn't stomach them, couldn't win against the Ford Taxis, a complete and reliable disaster...LMAO

Yeah Chrispy, sure sounds like the same dude. He should stand in someone else's shoes then he'll see what a drag he is...I'm listening to Bob Dylan
FollowupID: 350249

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:17

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:17
The Avalon was designed and built in America 14 years ago at first and then Toyota Australia bought the machinery to produce the same vehicle over here.

I agree it is a disaster bacause of styling but as far as reliability your Falcodore's are trash in comparison.

The new Avalon in the US which we won't be getting is a real good thing.

[ View Image]

FollowupID: 350254

Follow Up By: Member- Peter & Mrs Peter, Lez - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:19

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:19
Mad Dog, the Avalon was not built to compete with the falcon and commodore, it had been on sale in the USA for ten years before it was remodelled and sold here. Have YOU driven an Avalon, obviously not I would dare to say.
FollowupID: 350255

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:26

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:26
aha !

Somebody who knows what they are talking about !!

Welcome ..
FollowupID: 350259

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:34

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:34
The Avalon on sale in Australian show rooms comes off the line at the Toyota Australia assembly line at Altona to compete in the same segment as the Commodore and Falcon. If you say it was designed overseas that's fair enough as the only Australian manufacturer who can design vehicles from the ground up is Ford.
FollowupID: 350261

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:42

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:42
Geez Johnno, the front end of that Avalon was enough to make me puke.
Another Toyota styling disaster...LMAO
FollowupID: 350265

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:46

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:46
That is not what you said Mad dog . You said it was designed to compete against the OZ cars.. WRONG !! LOL ...

Oh and Ford do such a great job too !!!

Anybody say Au Falcon ????

LOL !!
FollowupID: 350269

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:55

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:55
SLOW DOWN jOHNNO

Read my post again. I said it was "built to compete" no mention of the word designed. What I said is true as Toyota built at avalon.

My AU has been a fantastic car, just turned 3yrs old and not one problem from new. A very happy customer. I'd better add I'm employed by Ford Australia

FollowupID: 350275

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:25

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:25
It wasn't built to compete either .

It was built in America to compete in that market. Toyota make that car in Oz as well. Big diff.
FollowupID: 350286

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:36

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:36
What the hell are you on.

If Toyota Oz don't build it to compete what the hell do they do with it......give it away for free.

They don't export it, it's built at Altona to compete in the same class as Falcon and Commodore in Australia.

FollowupID: 350291

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:13

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:13
Don't confuse yourself.

It was nevery originally built to compete with the Oz cars like you stated above. This is my point and it is crystal clear.
FollowupID: 350304

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:22

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:22
Anybody say Au Falcon ????

Can anyone say 80 series main bearings?
Can anyone say 100 series control arms?
FollowupID: 350311

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:28

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:28
That was understood long ago.

The fact remains that Toyota thought that this was the ideal car to build at Altona to compete against Falcon and Commodore. That is the gist of my first post and it still stands.

FollowupID: 350316

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:32

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:32
Okay it was the gist of what you said. Unless ofcourse you actually read what you wrote and in that case you would see that it was not at all what you said. You believed that the Avalon was designed here and first released here until we corrected you ..

But hey ..

that was the " gist " of what you said.

LOL !!
FollowupID: 350321

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:45

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:45
You don't read real well do you Johnno, you appear to have a problem with comprehension or do you just enjoy playing with people.

That's enough for me.....as they say never argue with a fool........
FollowupID: 350351

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:33

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:33
No.

Myself and Peter & Mrs Peter both understood what you stated.

It was no misunderstanding no matter how much you back pedal now.
FollowupID: 350405

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 16:53

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 16:53
Wrong again Johnno
.. Nothing about it being designed here in Rays post..

Your doing well though 100/100 wrong.. Thats the only thing your good at

Johnno1 posted this followup
You believed that the Avalon was designed here and first released here until we corrected you ..

Mad Dog Posted this followup
The Avalon was built to compete against the Falcon and Commodore, even the oldies couldn't stomach them, couldn't win against the Ford Taxis, a complete and reliable disaster...LMAO
FollowupID: 350605

Follow Up By: Gone 4by'ing - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 15:25

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 15:25
No Johnno is right on that count.

it was designed for the American market. Not Australia.
FollowupID: 353279

Reply By: Member - Landie - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:16

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:16
Johnno....

Given you are a big "stats" man I new you wouldn't want to miss this one.

You might like to work on this though. Of the 2 million (approximately) sold over the past 55 years 2/3rds are still in use. How does that stack up against your stats for other vehicles?

Land Rover Named 'Greatest Car Of All Time' In BBC Top Gear Viewers' Poll

The Land Rover, originally built in 1948 and known since 1990 as the Land Rover Defender, has been named 'the greatest car of all time' by BBC TV's Top Gear.

Top Gear viewers were asked to vote by telephone for nine vehicles short-listed by the show's team of experts, and following nine weeks of closely contested competition, the Land Rover beat its rivals to the accolade with 29 percent of the vote. Co-presenter on the show, Richard Hammond, who championed the Land Rover cause, said: "I knew it was a winner from the outset. The Land Rover has all the elements of an invention worthy of the 'greatest of all time' accolade – function, design, durability, engineering supremacy and soul."

Matthew Taylor, Land Rover's managing director, added: "The Land Rover is a motoring icon, noted for its good work around the world. Nearly two million have been sold during its 55 years, two-thirds of which are still in use today. Owners of the vehicles and employees of the company around the world should be very proud of this accolade, bestowed upon us by a very tough group of critics – the viewers of BBC's Top Gear."

The current range of Land Rovers – Range Rover, Discovery, Freelander and Defender – can each trace their roots back to the original Land Rover of 1948 – the vehicle that established the company. Over 3.25 million Land Rover vehicles have been sold since then, 1.8 million of which were the original Land Rover shape and its successor, the Defender – making it the most successful product in the company's history.

AnswerID: 91607

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:22

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:22
Oh yeh that is good !! LOL !!

A british Tv show gets British viewers to rign up and vote for their favourite car and suprisingly the Land Rover won ?? . Who would have thought ??? LOL !!

I wonder what the same competition in Australia would result in..

"Commodore and Falcon named Best Car of all time !!! "

You are having a laugh right ?
FollowupID: 350256

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:25

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:25
quote .

" Owners of the vehicles and employees of the company around the world should be very proud of this accolade, bestowed upon us by a very tough group of critics – the viewers of BBC's Top Gear." "

Yes British viewers suprisingly voting for a British car !!! hehe

quote "making it the most successful product in the company's history. "

In that companies history .. Not by other companies standards though.

Weak argument mate.
FollowupID: 350258

Follow Up By: Member - Tim - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:50

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 15:50
Oh god, can't help myself, here I go again.

And the statistics that you quoted from American users were any better?

And most vehicles that are sold in America are actually built there, Toyota have assembly plants in the US. And just to get difficult - the Nissan Patrol is not available in the US and therefore can't be included in that survey. And I don't even drive one.

I say again - who's opinions are you trying to change and what are you hoping to achieve? Do you sell these things?

At some stage in your life you may realise that people's opinions are reached after taking account of many different points and usually once reached they are difficult to change (as yours obviously are).

Grow up.
FollowupID: 350272

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:17

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:17
Nissan after consideration decided not to offer the PATROL to the American market as they felt it could not compete in that market.

Say no more.
FollowupID: 350283

Follow Up By: Member - Landie - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:40

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:40
You're mistaken my friend - I'm not arguing about anything. I'm happy with my vehicle.....and, unlike yourself, can accept it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

What that poll highlights is that you can make anything appear the way it suits your needs, much the same as you have been doing.

None-the-less, an impressive sales record for a "useless" car.

I must say, good having you around to pass the time on a slow news day..
FollowupID: 350293

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:16

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:16
How can you say that ??

It was voted best vehicle ever by the British public !!

LOL !!
FollowupID: 350305

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:16

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:16
And the statistics that you quoted from American users were any better?

Tim dont bring facts into his arguement, he cant take anymore valium in a day legally...
FollowupID: 350306

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:28

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:28
The same exercise in America would result in something with a Ford or Chev badge winning . Not Toyota as it is Japanese.

My stats are global and not American naieve one.
FollowupID: 350315

Reply By: Member - Tim - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:31

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:31
Hey Johnno you are slipping up. I went back through the post and there was one follow up where you haven't yet had the last word.

But I'm now edumacated and I'm going to try and get out of work early enough to get to the Toyota dealer and try out all of these fantastic cars they make and I'll probably buy one tonight!

Happy now?
AnswerID: 91624

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:38

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 16:38
Clarity of thought is contagious. ;)
FollowupID: 350292

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:42

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:42
Geez Johnno you got them wound up like clockwork mice!!!!!!

Actually my very first post(could have been a follow up) on this site way back at the beginning of 2002 I mentioned that Landrover had the most recalls for any vehicle on earth for 2001.

What a thread that was. Seems we have gone off Landrovers as the main protagonist has gone QT these days...but he is till around. Every time I posted something he would attack me from all angles...eventually he gave up and became friendly ....lol
AnswerID: 91633

Follow Up By: Johnno1 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:48

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 17:48
I think Landrover reliability is legend by now ;)
FollowupID: 350333

Sponsored Links