Ridepro suspension and Navman test

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:54
ThreadID: 19082 Views:3179 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I promised before Christmas to give a report on the Ridepro sustepension update to my 2002 GU Patrol. The final cost was $1030 plus $39 for wheel alignment. We were camping in the hills near Dargo over the break so the new setup had a good workout. I'm very pleased. Drives like a new car. Had plenty of clearance on the rough tracks around Grant and Wonnangatta. If your looking for an upgrade, well worth considering.

I gave my wife a Navman ICN 510 for Christmas and so we tested it while away. It had all the tracks we went on - even if they were a little "off track". The voice instruction system works very well around town and through all the country towns. Paid $935 at DSE.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael- Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:14

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:14
Peter
I'm interested in what is the detail on country areas like, tracks and such like, as I'm (and the Minister of Finance) are looking at getting one
Cheers
Mike
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 91422

Follow Up By: GUPatrol - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 15:34

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 15:34
Peter,

If you are after detailed maps, you may want to have a look at the NAVMAN PIN, being a windows CE 2003 means that it can also run OziexplorerCE, which means that you can run any map you want including scanned ones or the NATMAP 250k.
All that plus the Street software that comes with it with voice directions.
In other words you get the best of both worlds.
Plus the PIN being a PDA can also be used for other things such as calendar, etc etc etc.
Cost is about the same plus Oziexplorer...

Will
FollowupID: 350001

Sponsored Links