Awning for COI Leisure Tornado tent

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 14:07
ThreadID: 19085 Views:6349 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 10ft x 10ft Tornado tent. I once found a web page which showed an awning (a Tornado PE Awning) that could be attached but I did not save the address in my Favourites and now, despite Google and Yahoo searches, I can't find the web page.

I would like to purchase an awning as I find the small ones attached (my tent has a front and rear door) are inadequate to provide any real shelter. At present, I jury-rig a plastic tarp but I'd really like the proper awning.

I am also puzzled about how the awning fits on to the tent which has no zip or velcro strip for attachment.

Can anyone help with a web site that provides details of the Tornado PE Awning, its price and how it attaches to the tent.

Many thanks,
Derek
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 15:51

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 15:51
The Discount Camping website used to have piccies of the awnings under the Touring tent section however they seem to have been removed. They were pretty expensive for what amounts to a tarp and 2 poles. I have a 12 x 24 ft tarp and cover the front of the tent, tied off to the back of the extended frame.

Contact www.discountcamping.com.au - I am sure they will be able to answer your questions re: the awnings - I have always found them really helpful.
AnswerID: 91439

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 16:09

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 16:09
...found some images...

http://www.primuscoi.com.au/page_type.php?type_id=34

...no pricing though...
AnswerID: 91441

Reply By: ZookStockman - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 17:02

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 17:02
Forget about this awning, it does not even fit an absolute joke. Buy a Tarp. I have the same tent, I bought the pe awning. It did not even come close to fitting and that was on dead level ground at home. Took it back and bought a tarp. Which is far superior, the awning has no mount points anyway.
AnswerID: 91448

Reply By: DerekH - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:39

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:39
Thanks for the info. It was really helpful. The images on the primuscoi site were the ones that I had seen previously - I'm sure they have been on the discount camping website at some point in the past.

In the pictures and in the description, it's clear the awning is a plastic one. ZookStockman's reply confirms the lack of attachment points for the awning so I think I will stick to my 12 x 14 tarp that I hook on to the tent centre pole and stretch out in front of the tent.

It's certainly cheaper than the "official" awning and sounds equally as efficient.

One other thing, has anyone tried the wagon extension?

Rgds,
Derek
AnswerID: 91565

Sponsored Links