Aust/NZ Vehicle Compliance

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:49
ThreadID: 19130 Views:1709 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Evening all,
Are there differences in compliance requirements for vehicles between Aust and New Zealand.
Friend is interested in shipping his Honda across to NZ but NZ customs got huffy saying he had to get Honda to ensure that the compliance was the same. This process could take eight weeks which is a tad too long for him.
Surely quoting the compliance plate details of an aust car would satisfy them ??
Thanks in anticipation,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi Ray - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:20

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:20
Hi. As far as I am aware Australian vehicles meet the NZ requirements, some of the NZ vehicles do not meet the aussie rules. Many people bring their cars here so I do not think it would be a problem. This is only my opinion.
Perhaps a check with Honda may help.
AnswerID: 91751

Follow Up By: Member - Camper (SA) - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 13:41

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 13:41
Thanks Ray,
Checking with Honda has already been tried. They said it would take up to six weeks to check it out. Seems to me that a process which should be really easy is really rocket science (or nobody wants to bother).
Your post seems to imply that you write fron NZ is that correct? Nice if it was. Have spent time in South Is driving a camper van around and like the place a lot.
My friend is a Kiwi and is arranging to return to Christchurch after years living in Oz. He likes his Honda and would prefer to take it across with him. the expense is not too much more than what he would lose if he has to sell and buy a replacement vehicle, but the red tape seems to be the problem.
FollowupID: 350576

Reply By: Kiwi Ray - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 14:00

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 14:00
Yes I live and work in NZ. But , I do spend a lot of time in aus touring and camping in the out of way places plus we also have to do the shopping trips to the cities.
We prefere the warmer areas.
You could try the AA, they do the paper work for me when we shift our truck around
I will talk to a mate and see what he knows
AnswerID: 91773

Follow Up By: Member - Camper (SA) - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 22:13

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 22:13
Thanks Ray, any info might be of help.
FollowupID: 350655

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)