New Magellan GPS Units

Submitted: Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 13:43
ThreadID: 19145 Views:2279 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
The current series of Magellan Explorist GPS units were a bit lacking (no PC connectivity mainly) ...but check out the new 400, 500 and 600 available in the US in about 2 months (Australia ??).

Explorist

Features include....

SD card memory storage

The exclusive PC-style file management feature that allows users to create multiple files, folders and directories to store and maneuver through information in a PC-like structure.

The ability to calculate an area and perimeter simply by marking points on the map screen.

The Magellan geocaching manager software, a one-of-a-kind solution that simplifies geocaching, one of the fastest growing GPS applications so customers no longer need to print information from a website and manually entering GPS coordinates in a GPS receiver, but can load information to an eXplorist instead so its accessible where it’s needed most - to guide them to cache treasures.

All three models feature a high-speed USB data port to upload geocache coordinates and optional maps (DiscoverAus?)

600 has TFT color screen!!

Cheers
Greg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 17:31

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 17:31
Thanks Greg

I am still struggling to learn all the stuff on me old Map 330....what chance have I got with the new models :o)
AnswerID: 91810

Follow Up By: Greg Harewood - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 18:46

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 18:46
Willem - 330 is a good unit - the new explorists will not do it anything different and in fact most functions/buttons used for everyday stuff will be te same. Stick with the 330 until it needs replacing ...well I would. 330's are however discontinued so if your in the market for a new GPS these are worth considering
Cheers
Greg
FollowupID: 350631

Sponsored Links