Navara zd30 with Problems

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 09, 2005 at 21:21
ThreadID: 19213 Views:2082 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I see through a web search that there have been engine and g/box probs with these an patrols on this forum. My father-in-law recently bought one (navara dual cab zd30 2002 I think) and has had heaps of problems with it cutting out on him while driving.

After doing so it will re-start after the key is turned off. It will not re-start if the key is not truned all the way off. Once it re-starts, the engine will not idle correctly...often as high as 1600rpm. He has had it to the local nissan agent who put the compter on it while faulting. The diagnostics showed everything ok??? They have serviced the EGR and now have no more answers. It's off to Nissan in Brisy next week.

Is this something common or just an oddball left fielder with this truck?

Your thoughts?
Theron
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: warnsey - Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 12:08

Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 12:08
Theron,

I would suggest it's some sort of electronic glitch.

My neighbour had a BA falcon which did the same usally at 100km per hour problem ended up beingh a throttle sensor. However it did take ford a long time to diagnose problem which they seem to find when he gave them both sets of keys and refused to drive the vehicle until it was rectified.

Keep on Nissan's hammer until they rectify it as it looks like the warranty is up this year (presuming you haven't exceeded the km's).

Good Luck

Warnsey
AnswerID: 92174

Reply By: Member - toohey - Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 17:01

Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 17:01
gidday theron
i had the same problem with a holden rodeo,took months to find cause as the diagnostic computer will not pick it up unless fault is present.
so when it stopped i called a tilt tray tow truck,winched it on took it to holden put it on computer it found fault asmall relay behind kick panel near accelerator.
the reason it would start after turing off key and back on again is extra boost from battery would close relay,i hope this info might help
regards toohey
AnswerID: 92222

Sponsored Links