EXTRACTORS for the PAJ ,has any one fitted a

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 22:03
ThreadID: 19339 Views:1661 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
SET of extractors to there pajero or any other 4wd for that matter ,if so what are the advantages or disadvantages. And what do they cost if any one has any idea thanks cheer,s GREENDOG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 23:11

Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 23:11
Hi Peter, cost will vary between petrol and deisel. With both you will probably follow up with a free flowing exhaust and in the case of the petrol, this will require a new cat converter which equals more $. If it's a V6 Paj, you may think about twin exhausts but that substantially increases the cost.
I've only put them on a deisel combined with a snorkel and larger inlet tract, results were very impressive, albeit for a Daihatsu Rocky.
AnswerID: 92895

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 23:33

Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 23:33
Hi Greendog
Had them fitted on my deisel Partol and the differnce was huge, but also had 3in exhaust straight from the extractors. Looked into getting them for my jack but the cost to make them effective was big $$, no off the shelf extractors, custom made $1000+, plus 2.5 inch high flow cat conv $320, plus 2.5in pipes and muffler system $450.
For about $1200 I could have got twin pipes from the exhaust manifold twin O 2 sensors and twin cats and twin mufflers.

Should give you more kw and torque.

cheers
Crazie
AnswerID: 92900

Sponsored Links