NM/NP Pajero & LPG

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 07:29
ThreadID: 19390 Views:9002 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am contemplating buying a NM or NP Pajero and considering all the options of diesel or petrol or petrol gas. Wondering what experince people have had with LPG on these models, also if anyone has had experience with factory fitted LPG.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: harry5 - Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:05

Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:05
Have had a petrol NM 3.5lit. good vehicle but now have a 3.2 Did NP there is a big difference the Did is a great vehicle. Will out perform the 3.5petrol in every way especialy in power and economy. Cannot help you on the 3.8 petrol or gas. But they would be going to best the 3.2 Did
AnswerID: 93219

Reply By: paul - Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:44

Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:44
We had gas installed on our Nk Pajero 3500DOHC .............. 2 yrs later had it removed. a combination of problems brought about the decision to remove it.

1 - no gas avail in remote
2- we had backfire problems that no one could stop
3- lack of power
4-petrol tank will only hold 55ltr (no good for remtote travel)

If you wan to go the petrol just fit long range tanks. We now hold 200ltr over both
tanks & have never looked back. Sure petrol is more expensive than petrol. But the installation of a gas system will set you back a couple of grand. & like i said if you go remote you cant get it anyway.

We learnt the hard (& expensive way)

Over all We find the petrol Pajero more than powerful enough for the travel we do.
all over Australia, in all driving conditions.

Good Luck
PMK
AnswerID: 93223

Follow Up By: paul - Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:46

Saturday, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:46
Shold read my post before I send it....... Should read..
"sure petrol is more expensive then GAS"
FollowupID: 352207

Reply By: Member - Ross P (NSW) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 09:32

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 09:32
Had an NM 3.5 L Petrol for three years. Now have a NP 3.2 L Di-D.
Researched long and hard on the idea of adding gas. Decided against it for possible long term damage to the engine and short term damage caused by back firing and demolishing the intake box if tuning wasn't spot on.
Lovede the smoothness of the NM 3.5 L petrol. Went Di-D for range and grunt at low revs for towing. Looses is nothing to the petrol in get up and go.
If you don't tow or the extra range is not required don't rule out the 3.8L Petrol NP. If you do the sums over a period of, say, 4 years the better fuel economy of the diesel is not, IMHO, the only reason to go diesel
AnswerID: 93530

Reply By: bpn - Sunday, Jan 23, 2005 at 20:47

Sunday, Jan 23, 2005 at 20:47
I have a 2000 NL 3.5lt paj with factory fitted LPg. Best thing sinced sliced bread. Never had a back fire problem and even when heavy towing still Ave 4km/lt. Defy anyone to pick the power loss between petrol and lpg. Only problem is availability of lpg when in remote areas, there isn't any. But overall still cheaper than petrol in terms of cents/km and providing lpg avaiable still equal to diesel so long as u pay no more than 55-60 cpl for lpg When not towing gives about 5-6km /lt on lpg depending at what spped you travel.
AnswerID: 94569

Sponsored Links