Insurance Claims

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 25, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 194 Views:1631 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have recently damaged my bull bar and have claimed it on insurance. The bull bar i have is a T1 type from Opposite Lock. What i want to know is: Do they have to replace the same bullbar that was damaged or do they have to replace it with one that is from the dealership that the vhicle is manufactured.ie Toyota in this case. I feel that i am being taken for a ride as the bullbar i have on my vehicle is more expensive than the one they plan on replacing it with. Any info would be great.

Pete

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Wednesday, Apr 25, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Apr 25, 2001 at 00:00
This is a very good question and we would welcome any input from insurance companies not only to this forum question but to the ExplorOz.com website. We would really like to put an Insurance section in the Trip Preperation area of the site. Please help us all out and provide Pete and us with any information that is available.
AnswerID: 372

Reply By: darryl - Thursday, Apr 26, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, Apr 26, 2001 at 00:00
pete, my understanding is when you insure your vechile you tell them the extra,s you have fitted .i have just reinsured with a different insurance company , and told them make model and cost of items .They now the risk and the premium can be set .Both parties know what is expected .At the end of the day the insurance comp acepts the risk because you have disclosed everything to them

good luck

darryl
AnswerID: 376

Sponsored Links