MQ PATROL SD 33 NEW INJECTORS MOTOR RUNNING WORSE

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 12:38
ThreadID: 19429 Views:3670 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
HELLO, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME, I RECENTLY REPLACED MY INJECTORS AND NOW MY PATROL IS IDLING TOO HIGH AND SMOKING OUT THE NEIGHBOURHOOD, SOME TOLD ME IT COULD BECAUSE THE INJECTORS I HAD JUST REPLACED HAD DONE 450'000KM'S AND NOW THE INJECTOR PUMP NEEDS READJUSTING, CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS THIS TRUE AND HOW MUCH THIS WILL COST, THANKS J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: REX.....(Adelaide) - Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 13:56

Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 13:56
you could screw back the pump your self at the back of the pump there is a metal cap covering an adjustment screw take the cap off loosen the lock nut and back the screw off a quarter of a turn then go for a drive try and ballance power to the amount of smoke less smoke the leaner its getting the less power you get dont lean it of to much ther shoul still be a little smoke
but at the ks your talking of the pump may need a rebuild

i set my pajero and patrol up like this took it to the dyno after and no adjustment needed but it did take a week to get it right lots of adjust go for drive more adjust more drive
AnswerID: 93399

Reply By: rig pig - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:51

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:51
Try some new spark plugs, Chapion N9Yc's.......and Don't SHOUT AT ME!
AnswerID: 93511

Reply By: Bilbo - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 00:29

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 00:29
"RigPig"? "Spark Plugs"???? It's bloody diesel engine!

I'd have the injectors pulled and tested again for the set (popping) pressure. They may have been set too low and the injectors are "dribbling". I've seen the set pressure on injectors adjusted in error many times.They could have been set up for a Nissan TD42 engine which has different compression ratio. They are different injectors, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the tech could have had an off day. It's an easy mistake to make.

The fuel pump calibration etc could be the culprit but I'd recheck the injectors first.

Bilbo
AnswerID: 93706

Follow Up By: rig pig - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 02:03

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 02:03
Your sharp Bilbo,
You think maybe that’s where I went wrong at work on the electric forklift ?
Have a look at the kms, I'd say it needs a little more than fuel side tickle up, don't you???
FollowupID: 352678

Reply By: Bilbo - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 14:01

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 14:01
"RigPig" - yeah, it is a lot of kms, even fer a Nissan SD33 motor. I'd like to check all the relatively easy stuff before ripping the motor apart. Compression loss? Engine worn out? But it seemed to be "OK" before the injectors were reset - so I reckon start there, again.

As for the electric forklift - yes, that could be a problem :)

I had a nasty experience with an LPG forklift once. I was a truck mechanic, not a bloody forklift mechanic and EVERYBODY hated working on these piddlin' little things. But this day I drew the short straw. So, off to the warehouse I toddled. Hmmm,,,smells of gas around 'ere. Oh well, get on with it. Pulled the king lead off the distributor to check fer an ignition spark, hit the key to crank it over and YOUBEAUTBLOODYBIGBANGWHOOMPA!!!! And yours truly is on fire - big time, along with half the bloody warehouse.

They put me out and 10 minutes later they put the warehouse out. It was full of molasses, rubber, sugar and plastic resins - woulda been a beaut fire if it'd got away from us!

I was only a young man then. Bloody forklifts!

Bilbo
AnswerID: 93770

Follow Up By: rig pig - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:52

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:52
Hi Bilbo, worked on a few forklifts, like you, not to happy on the idea either, but hated with a passion, working on those big stinken trucks also, I served my time on automotive. But anyhow I was just fu__en with ya. I think this jwithburn is having a lend of us as is the dude with the noisey clutch and a heap of other posts, who I would say it is the same knob that put up the smart arse patrol / toyota stuff, cause if you do a search on the names to all these posts they are all new
FollowupID: 352848

Sponsored Links