Brake Controller Warrantee

Submitted: Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 16:50
ThreadID: 19530 Views:1886 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After following discussions here and on the Jayco Caravan site I finally solved a problem that has been bugging me. The brake lights come on/off when the car is not being used. This has on one occassion flattened the battery (in poor condition).

Well there it was, a discussion about a faulty batch of brake controllers, take it back and get it replace under the 5 year warrantee they said. But I didn't buy it, it was supplied at part of the deal to buy the caravan, no receipt for the controller etc.

I rang Mr Caravan Yard and before I could complete my pre prepared speech they said no problems leave you phone number and when a replacement arrives we will let you know.

What the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one sour taste in my mouth is why didn't a general recall issue from the manufacurers/distributors cause I would have thought a faulty brake controller may have had a little more importance thasn some of the toys etc they recall at a drop of ya hat??

Regards

Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: muzzimbidgie - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 18:24

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 18:24
Hey Russ, mine does the same occaisionally.

The first time it happened I thought some stooge was riffling through my car, so there I was, creeping up the side of the drive with baseball bat in hand, ready to smack someone across the knuckles & ankles, only to find the car all locked up and sitting pretty.
DOH !

Also, I've only noticed it doing this in winter, on cold nights.
I might check out that idea of getting it replaced though.

Cheers,

Muzz
AnswerID: 93641

Reply By: silverprado120 - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:33

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:33
Hi Russel

What brand and model

thanks Klaus
AnswerID: 93685

Follow Up By: Member - Russell B (SA) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:43

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:43
Techkonsha Voyager (2002)