ThreadID: 19566 Views:2210 Replies:4 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
From: Peter Haasmann [mailto:peter.haasmann@marshalls.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 January 2005 2:10 PM
To: Menai@4wdNSW.org
Subject: Menai 2005 Dates

From the Menai Management & Steering Committee
Bcc to Menai attendee’s.

Hope you all had a safe & fun filled festive season!!

I must apologise for the delay is getting this out to you all.

The dates for 2005 Working Parties & Cleanups are listed below:

The usual criteria apply: wear safe shoes & bring work-gloves, entry on Cleanups only via Gate-6, don’t forget to sign-on + sign-out on the day.

Please forward these dates to your Club Magazine Editor & Trips Organiser

FEB 20 SUNDAY
MAR 12 SATURDAY
APR 24 SUNDAY
MAY 21 SATURDAY
JUN 26 SUNDAY
JUL 23 SATURDAY
AUG 21 SUNDAY
SEP 24 SATURDAY
OCT 23 SUNDAY
NOV 19 SATURDAY

Thanks for your previous attendance, looking forward to your support and enjoyment at Menai during the coming year

Regards,

Peter C. Haasmann, Chairman.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:00

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:00
Hi Chrispy,
I note not many lookers at this post but what a great way to get access and brownie points. I presume your one of dirty hand brigade.
We are trying to organise a similar access project in the north of the state.
the MOU with National Parks is very positive for 4x4 users.

regards peter
AnswerID: 93877

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:17

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:17
Peter

Yep - I'm a member of the Menai dirty hand brigade for sure. My wife and I have helped clean up this area for the local traditional owners for the last 5 years. All the local clubs lend a hand on these days as they are the only days you can get in there and legitimately (and legally) get your club's name on the list. Once you've done that, your club is able to request a day (or night) in there and drive to their hearts content at any time - with their blessing.

I can see that this type of activity will re-open some other areas that have been closed off to 4WD'ers again. I just hope that more of this happens.

It's actually great fun....pulling burnt car wrecks out of the bush and dragging them to a pick-up area. It's one way for ML owners to pull a LandCruiser out............
FollowupID: 352853

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:39

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:39
Good onya mate not being a member of any club i don't get to do this stuff, i tried in vain once to get a couple of motorcycle racing clubs to be involved in this but you know the old story, too busey.

Funny the riders are still complaining about knowhere to ride anymore, halfwits !!!

Baz.
FollowupID: 352854

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:55

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:55
Baz

It's the motorcycle riders that we have problems with here too. They buzz around you all day long - complaining that we are getting in their way. Not ONE of them ever gets off their behind to help. They fail to realise that THEY are not welcomed by the locals, but yet they ride in there any time they see fit as they're too hard to catch.

Pathetic.
FollowupID: 352855

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:46

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:46
Yep morons i rode there a couple of times a long time ago but got sick of the rat bags with no helmets, shorts, even saw one guy with thongs and shorts on, nothing else and most of them are unregistered which really gets up my goat and as for them buzzing around it is really annoying, i can't imagine what goes through their minds if anything. I know now there are heavy fines which doesn't seem to be stopping them, maybe the coppers on dirtbikes should be bought back.
FollowupID: 352860

Reply By: Brad and His Disco - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:02

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:02
Hi Baz,

How about we organise an explor oz get together on one of these days. Do you have to be a registered 4wd club or can you just be a group, say a group of explor oz members/users. Seems like a good idea if the organisers will allow it.
AnswerID: 93901

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:51

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:51
I think your club have to be afilliated with 4WD assoc on NSW or whatever the governing body is called, Chrispy will know more MM him.
FollowupID: 352876

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:58

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:58
Yeah Brad, you need to be in a club as such, and it must be affiliated with the 4WD Association..... not that we couldn't start up a formal "ExplorOz" club with a few state chapters..... anyone???
FollowupID: 352878

Reply By: Brad and His Disco - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:02

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:02
id be in that, but the public liability etc is the drag
AnswerID: 93907

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:07

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:07
I'm keen too but liability is a prob thats why you have to be in a club as their insurance covers this. Clubs have their advantages but too much politics for my liking.

Baz.
FollowupID: 352881

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:18

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:18
Yup - it's all a PITA..... unfortunately. I started a "group" a while ago, and it has since disbanded to a degree because of this issue..... pity.... a great bunch of people without the politics.
FollowupID: 352882

Reply By: AT4WD ADVENTURES - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 22:38

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 22:38
Hey Chrispy,

I am all for the enviroment and cleaning up wrecks but what makes me upset is the fact that we have to grovel to gain access to an area that we should have access to anyway.

I am also bemused as to the land claim by the so called rightful owners and then it appears to me within years the land is being sold off for housing estates and funds are flowing into the pockets of who!!!

Why are we cleaning up areas of land owned by people other than the community and not cleaning up and using crown land. It seems to me that there is more upside to this than the former.

Regards,

Stuart M
AnswerID: 94004

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 07:26

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 07:26
Hi Stuart

Yep - that's the cse here.... for certain. The land has been sold off in great chunks down towards the bottom of Heathcote Road towards Illawarra Road. It's still far enough away not to impinge upon the area we use, but I agree with you in regards to the "attitude" of the local owners. They clain land back of the general population under the auspice of "tribal heritage" and go selling it off to developers. There's a lot of it going on all around the country. Pretty poor in my honest opinion too.

Apart from that - what are we little people to do? I still enjoy driving there, and until the rules change, I'm happy to do the work to keep my access - as it's the best offroading anywhere reasonably close.

Cheers
Chris
FollowupID: 352972

Follow Up By: jackablue - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:40

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:40
Yeah they sell the land to land & home package companies, & they sell it to the public & now the public find out that when the land was sold to the land & home package company that they didn't say anything about allowing buildings on these blocks. There are some pretty annoyed people who have bought these lots & have been waiting for over 12 months for it to be sorted out.
FollowupID: 352994

Sponsored Links