Jackaroo going to Holden Dealer 1st timev

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:56
ThreadID: 19603 Views:1618 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Guess what - my Jackaroo is going to a Holden Dealer Service centre for some work. 1st time since I've had it. Not because I chose to - When I first got the car I made enquiries a the Dealership it was serviced at - they said they had replaced injector seals earlier on in the vehicle's life because of the recall. Thought - oh great, don't need to worry about that. Made some enquiries and there is supposed to be a sticker in the glove box saying that the recall work has been done. No sticker. Anyway, then I get a recall notice on the vehicle re the injector seals. I'm thinking that the work was probably done (because the Dealership that the vehicle has been servcied at told me from their computer records) but didn't let Holden know via the correct channels or put the sticker on the glovebox.

So now it looks like my injector seals will be done again - for free, and not complaining. The other thing is my 80000k service has just been done, decided not to do the valve clearances as sounding fine. Decided while at Holden to get done ($150 they want, rip-off) but while engine apart may as well get it done. they also want to charge $14 per shim?? if needed - I will bet my bottom dollar they will say that all of them need replacing, and I will ask them to produce them and I bet they will say they have thrown them away and can't find them. Oh well. . My 80000k servcice has cost about $500 all up instead of the $1200 that Holden wanted.

Can't wait to be able to afford a Prado.

D-Jack
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links