steering knuckle nipples on hilux

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1961 Views:2857 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
HI all,
I have an LN 65 '84 hilux, and am buggered if I can find the grease nipples for the steering knuckles (those big ball joint bits) I am sure I have greased them before but...? I sort of thought maybe I have knocked them off while off road but I can't even locate a a threaded hole where they might have once lived. There appears to be a small "hole" right at the base of the knuckle housing, but also in the same place at the top and there doesn't appear to be any thread or broken nipple etc. Any comments would be most welcome.
regards
snow
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RALPH PENISTAN - Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00
some of these early hilux vehicles didn't have nipples they where fully encapsulated with a nylon bush inside instead of grease. This can be seen by the little nut in place of grease nipple. If there was a grease nipple you have knocked it off you need to replace it (repco) But I would say unless you have recently replaced them they are at the end of there service life . i.e play in them these parts can be got in kit form from (repco) at a very cheap price.
AnswerID: 6579

Follow Up By: Snow - Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Ralph,
yeah I thought they may have been a non greasable item except that the greasing schedule (if you want to call it that) is on the driver side sunvisor and lists these as a must do in a service. So yeah sounds like I've knocked the nipples off- just lowed if I can see where they went. Thanks again
snow
FollowupID: 2957

Sponsored Links