Question regarding Preston Beach

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 13:05
ThreadID: 19612 Views:1702 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I just read post 19592 about Preston Beach WA - Training day and remembered I wanted to ask somthing about that beach.
I usually go there from the North, entering the beach either at Tims Thicket Rd or the other one a bit further South (forgot the name of the road) and exit at Preston Beach onto the carpark where those big Tyres are in the sand say "No Vehicle". However I noticed 2 weeks ago that there is another entry off the car park leading to the South side of the beach, thus going beyond the big tyres saying you can't go there and I saw several vehicles going that way.
So is it OK to go further South after Preston? and if yes how far can you go, where do you exit, what is/are the exit(s) like (easy and flat like Preston car park or slopy sand dune?),...?
Thanks for letting me know.
Sly.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Clive G (WA) - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 14:36

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 14:36
Gday slyonnet

If the beach is good you can go straight through to Austriland, through Preston and a couple more places on the way, you come off the beach around the carpark and back onto the beach,, those areas are set aside for beach goers, gives them a safe area to swim and relax without playing dodgem with the 4b's.

BTW all exits are the same as Preston

Check out http://www.pps.net.au/gobush im actually leading a trip along the beach on the 6th of Feb,, you are quiet welcome to join in.

Clive.

AnswerID: 94098

Follow Up By: slyonnet - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 11:45

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 11:45
Thanks Clive,

I'll now have to try to go all the way to Australind. It surely will make it a bit more worthwile.
I checked the website of your club. It looks good. One my wife's uncle and myself were actually thinking of joining a club and are still tossing the coin. Maybe we'll get in touch with you.
Thanks for the invite on the 6th. Unfortunately I don't think I will be available but I'll let you know if I am.
Have fun anyway.
Sly.
FollowupID: 353245

Sponsored Links