fueltank Gu Patrol

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 22:40
ThreadID: 19633 Views:1648 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I have had a fuel tank and bumbper bar sitting in my shed for years. We replaced the tank with a long distance tank etc. Has anyone tried to sell these item and if so, can you give me some idea about the price I should ask?

Thanks jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 22:48

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 22:48
I chucked mine after about a week of it sitting in the garage and getting in my way. I don't think anybody would want one unless they wanted to put it back into a vehicle they were about to sell so they could take the LR unit out and sell it.
If you can store it somewhere, that'd be my suggestion. When you go to sell you vehicle in years to come, you won't get any extra for it just cos of the LR tank, but may be able to get a couple hundred for the LR item.
AnswerID: 94177

Reply By: joc45 - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 23:23

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 23:23
I've tried flogging my GU bumper for $30 several times in the Quokka, but no responses. Anyone interested?
Gerry
AnswerID: 94182

Follow Up By: Member - muzzgit - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 23:45

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 23:45
Yes please. does it include tail lights ?
FollowupID: 353178

Follow Up By: joc45 - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 00:29

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 00:29
Ummm... it's a front bumper. Series I.
If interested, get back to me on gerron at tpg dot com dot au
Gerry
FollowupID: 353184

Reply By: Casnat - Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 23:48

Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 at 23:48
not sure that this is the correct forum for this (probably more a trader issue?) but I might be interested in your petrol tank at a "give away" price. It would probably only be feasible if you are in Adelaide otherwise freight would be prohibitive.

Our GU Patrol has been converted for the main tank to LPG. This is great around town cost wise but means I have bugger all range when I head bush given there are few places that I can get gas once you get past Pt Augusta.

I don't want to lose the cost benefit of gas around town and have vaguely considered the option of converting back to petrol for the "big trip" and then potentially converting back to gas again after. I haven't investigated costs of doing so and it is probably just a "pipe dream" but it would obviously help to have both tanks on hand.

I know there is more than just the tank itself that I would need and there would be the labour costs to swap the tank and related components (twice) so I would only be interested at , as I said, a giveaway price. I guess I would need to ascertain what the cost of changing formats twice would be. Also not sure what issues there would be re tuning etc. I could do a contra for wine if that was of interest?

I would welcome any advice anyone else can provide re range for a vehicle with LPG. My current configuration is 90 Lts (useable) LPG and 40Ltrs (questionable) Petrol. I have total jerry's at present of 55Ltrs. I have real problems with range whenever I start to consider even the basic desert trips. I try to keep the gas full and top up the petrol at every opportunity but with only 95 ltrs petrol (sub tank + jerry's) this is very limiting.

Thanks
AnswerID: 94186

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 11:02

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 11:02
That's the same issue i went through in 1995, when I finally decided to get rid of my 1990 maverick which was a great vehicle, but I couldn't go very far in it once I put it on gas.......so I now have a diesel.
You could get a larger sub-tank (81 litres) for the GU, but that isn't gunna be much improvement in distance avaialbe (maybe 200klicks on bitumen).
Other wise I think you might need to look into getting a oiler......I've never regretted changing.
FollowupID: 353237

Follow Up By: Casnat - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 23:20

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 23:20
Thanks Roachie,

I've looked at the larger sub tank. At close to a grand it's pretty expesive for 2 jerry's worth (and really only needed on the odd occassion)! I guess you found the same in your experience.

I'd look at changing it back but the gas is such a bonus around town. Not sure I want to follow your lead and go diesel given cost of that at present either.

Must get off my proverbial and seriously investigate the cost of doing a short term conversion back to petrol for a trip then convert back to gas afterwards.
FollowupID: 353341

Sponsored Links