Stud Patterns

Submitted: Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 20:05
ThreadID: 19661 Views:1985 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Everyone,
Fisrt of all thanks to Baz in Bright for all your help had a ball last November, everyone in the family has got the bug now (mission accomplished) another 4 lots of 4x4 recruits.
My question tonight is probably a dumb question for all in the know ....but help me as I am a NOVICE.
Is the stud pattern and wheels interchangeable between a Pajero and a Patrol.
Looking at a camper trailer with Paj pattern...I own a Patrol do I need to change anything.

Best wishes to all

Malcolm P.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Leroy - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 20:33

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 20:33
stud patern is the same but the offset is different. I would suggest you try your rim on the trailer and chech/compare clearances at the front and back of the wheel.

Leroy
AnswerID: 94329

Reply By: Malcolm P - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 20:43

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 20:43
Thanks Leroy,
by offset do you mean the stud holes being indeted or flat on the rim or do you mean where the tyre sits out of the side of the rim. ([])
sorry again to all of you who find this a dumb question.

Malcolm P
AnswerID: 94332

Follow Up By: Leroy - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 21:01

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 21:01
No dumb q's here!. It's where the "rim sit's out of the side of the rim" using your words. You will find the patrol rim sits out further than a patrol rim. Try your patrol rim on the trailer and you may find it sits within the gaurd. Its prob ok evan if it sits out a little also.

Lroy
FollowupID: 353325

Follow Up By: Bros - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 22:12

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 22:12
Malcolm P,
I think that Leroy may mean the dishing of the rim. One is deeper than the other or vicky verca. I have been told that the wheels on my camper are Nissan and my truck is a Toyota. The Toyota rims fit on the trailer but the Nissan rims won't fit on the Toyota. I think that i have got it right.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 353331

Reply By: Member - muzzgit - Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 23:53

Friday, Jan 21, 2005 at 23:53
Stud pattern aside, if you put the patrol rims on the camper, you may find the tyres are closer to the chassis on the inside. It shouldn't be a drama cos most trailers are made with room to fit a whole range of different rims.

You will have trouble however if you try to put the paj rims on the patrol, if the offset is too different, the tyre could have an adverse effect on the steering.

This could also affect insurance in the case of an accident, and the road worthiness of the car in the eyes of the LAW.

Patrol rims being what they are, if you want to be able to interchange tyres between the car AND the camper, I'd get a second hand set the same as whats on ur vehicle.

Damn, is that the long way to say what I just said or what ???? te he
AnswerID: 94361

Reply By: Utemad - Saturday, Jan 22, 2005 at 12:23

Saturday, Jan 22, 2005 at 12:23
Is the trailer new? If so just tell them you want to use Patrol wheels on it and they can make the trailer to suit. Although I can't see it being a problem either way.
AnswerID: 94390

Sponsored Links