Maps & day trip recommendations for Sth East NSW

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 22, 2005 at 18:00
ThreadID: 19674 Views:1833 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I'm a mexican on holiday in NSW from further south. I wasn't really planning on 4wding up here but the brother in law is coming up and wants to do a few day trips.

We are based out of Merimbula/Pambula. I have been to NPWS and local info centres. The only halfway decent map I have been able to source is HEMA Sth East NSW at 1:385,000. Usefull guide but average detail.

I can buy 1:25,000 sheets but to do the area inland of Merimbula for any decent area requires 9 to 12 map sheets. Bit expensive.

Does anyone know of a 1:100,000 map of this area and where I may get it locally.

Alternatively if anyone was in a position to email decent maps of the area I have access to a broadband connection and I have the laptop.

I run OziExplorer - anything with or without cal files would be good. Also any trip recommendations.

Email to davejones at iprimus dot com dot au

Please post to thread to let others know what you email so I don't get 20 half meg files of the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Charlie - Saturday, Jan 22, 2005 at 19:34

Saturday, Jan 22, 2005 at 19:34
It's quite old but the best paper map would be the Eden NSW State Forests Map, just be aware that some forest areas may have become National Park area.
Regards Charlie
AnswerID: 94438

Reply By: Member - Smocky (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 18:09

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 18:09
Hi Geo, how did you go?

We're going down to Merimbula at Christmas next year and would like to know if you got any feedback or what you looked at etc.

Cheers,

Jason.
AnswerID: 98524

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 23:11

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 23:11
hi Jason,

No luck on e-maps. If you are using OziExplorer or DiscoverAUS I can email you a track plot file. (I think I still have it.)

We did a 1/2ish day trip up to Wolumla Peak fire tower and did a loop back to Pambula from there. The fire spotter said "I wouldn't go down there in the bosses Prado" so wasn't sure what to expect, but she obviously hasn't been in the Vic High Country cos it wasn't much of a challenge compared to Hearns Spur.

A nice drive though. Great view from the top and saw some wild life and the Goodenia Rainforest walk. (BBQ there if you pack the snags bread & sauce).

Anyway. PM me if you want the track.

DJ
AnswerID: 98584

Sponsored Links