Bleep,<font color=red><i>bleep</i></font>

Submitted: Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1970 Views:1760 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi EXPLOROZ team dont you think that your anti profanity programme may neet a review, many posts over the last weeks seem to demonstrate that it is not suited to the Australian idiom or common usage in this country,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00
Yes, I hated the thing myself, to think that I would have to attempt to remove profanity from the system. I was under the impression that most of the users of this site were adults. Pity that in the past I have be proven wrong. I was most disappointed that I even had to bleep words. I put these controls on the system to attempt to protect people from having to read rubbish. I suspose that I have now got control of the posts by making only validated users post so I will reduce the controls and remove the word protection system. Hoping that it does not get out of hand again. (If you used the system about 6 months ago you may remember some of the posts that had to be deleted completly off the system). Again as I wrote in an earlier post if you don't like it then don't use it - this however would be a pitty but remember all constructive feedback is usually implemented. Please send feedback do not use the forum to give us feedback we cannot look at it all the time.DavidPS. You can write Dick Smith and Bat bleep if you so desire.
AnswerID: 6601

Reply By: Savvas - Saturday, Sep 14, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Sep 14, 2002 at 00:00
The anti-profanity program has worked very well! But it can do with a little tweaking.
AnswerID: 6605

Reply By: Member - Cruiser1 - Sunday, Sep 15, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Sep 15, 2002 at 00:00
And for those who have seen today's post on the Pedder thread - there is some justification for having an anti-profanity programme. When willl some of these people learn??
Cheers, Cruiser (the original one).
AnswerID: 6622

Reply By: MikeyS - Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00
I had to have a chuckle when I used a four letter word starting with "C", second letter R and rhyming with "Clap" meaning rubbish (or even excrement) got beeped. I gues you have to draw the line somewhere.
Foulmouth MikeyS
AnswerID: 6656

Sponsored Links