Outcome: Isuzu Chassis Recall

Submitted: Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 08:59
ThreadID: 19713 Views:2269 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Team..The good news is that after almost 3 months Iv'e now got my Trooper back from GM. I understand the front end driverside was pretty much dismantled so they could realign the chassis then arc weld it all back together..( having seen the serious structural implications of the brake) the vehicle will tomorrow go in for non distructive testing..namely x-raying of the welded area.

GM.have now accepted the cost of reinstatement, and eventually provided a loan vehicle for the three weeks over Christmas. What does concern me is that to best of my knowledge GM have made no attempt to Recall THE AFFECTED Vehicles or notify the current owners of Isuzu Jackaroo,bighorn,Trooper, Mu, build dates 93-96 of the potential risk of chassis failure..

Cheers PV
Auckland. N.Z.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Banjo (SA) - Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:20

Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:20
Great news Paul - as mentioned once before, your perserverance has been rewarded and proves a lesson for everyone else ...... as for a general recall ..... now that is "top-end" corporate strategy - that might take them a little while !!
AnswerID: 94616

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 13:55

Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 13:55
great news Paul, hopefully the ndt results come back 'clean' and they did a nice wheel alignment etc.

GM do a recall - lol lol , they do anything possible here to get away without doing one, they prefer to call them Service Improvement Programs .

Although they did do one recently for the throttle cables on the early v6 jacks, it must have just gone over the potential lawsuit / vs cost threshold.

Great to hear it is ending well, you deserve it, cheers Champ.
AnswerID: 94656

Reply By: awill4x4 - Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 19:43

Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 19:43
Paul, I'm curious. Was your car imported and sold by GM over there in N.Z. ? Or is it a "grey import" ?
Regards Andrew.
AnswerID: 94707

Follow Up By: paul v - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 09:44

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 09:44
Hi Andrew..The vehcle was New Zealand new..I purchased two troopers brand new for my business in 93'
Cheers
Paul
FollowupID: 353663

Sponsored Links