Cape York Adventurer 4x4 Camper Trailer

Submitted: Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 14:41
ThreadID: 19727 Views:3207 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Would you guys be able to tell me if I would be able to pull the above trailer around Fraser Island with my GU 3.0 t/d Patrol without a problem?

Also, I am looking at travelling the Victorian High Country with this trailer. The trek I will be following is the trek from Mansfield to Tom Groggin edited by Ron & Viv Moon in "Discover Aust By 4WD".

Just one other thing, is a snorkel essential for both of these trips?

Kind Regards & thanks for the help and advice in advance.

Andrew.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: beatit - Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 16:04

Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 16:04
G'day Andrew,

Regarding Frazer, no snorkel is required there unless you want to take your 4wd swimming in the ocean - just kidding.

My rig is a 4.8 auto with a relatively heavy (about 1.3 tonnes) of loaded trailer and have not had any problems. The trick is to let your tyre pressure down in the vehicle and trailer. We normally take the beach from Tewantin and cross over on the Freswater track (unless its safe to go around at Rainbow Beach). Generally the people that get in trouble, do so because they havn't let their tyres down.

It is a little trickier with a trailer particularly on narrow tracks, just be patient.

Kind regards

AnswerID: 94677

Reply By: Steve - Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 16:16

Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 16:16
Hi Andrew,
i towed a tralier no prob round fraser 80 series 4.5l petrol.
left tralier @ central station. just remeber tyre presures on tralier as well, and keep moving on the soft stuff don't stop.!!
cheers steve
AnswerID: 94680

Reply By: Dodgy - Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 21:21

Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 21:21
Gidday Andrew,, I have a cape york explorer Extreme which is heavier than yours with an 8-0 litre engel in the front box which adds to the towball weight and haven't had to many drama's on the beach.. We are at double island all the time so the conditions should be very similar.. just keep an eye on your tide times and also tyre pressure and you shouldn't have a problem..

Keep your whisle wet and your powder dry.. Regards Dodgy..
AnswerID: 94721

Reply By: Paul from Ozroamer Sunshine Coast - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 23:35

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 23:35
Hi Andrew,

We are the National Distributor for Cape York Trailers which includes the Adventurer.

We currently run the Sunshine Coast franchise and Hire these and the other CYT models out to people going to Fraser and the Cape all the time.

You wont have any trouble at all with your rig - just follow the normal rules with regards to tyre press etc.

Have a great trip
AnswerID: 94923

Reply By: Andrew Smith - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 21:10

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 21:10
Thanx for all your help guys, it has been muchly appreciated.

I can't wait, Fraser here I come in April 05.

Thanx again guys & cheers.

Andrew.......
AnswerID: 95442

Sponsored Links