upper cylinder lubricants

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 14, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1975 Views:3332 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi .....I am new to this forum and am looking for some advice from the experienced members out there.....I have recently started using (Morey's) upper cylinder lubricant in our 95 TI efi patrol in the belief that it will clean up the internals and injectors and possibly improve some fuel consumption......Am I living in fantasy land or does this stuff actually work? Any advice and results from members who have used this or similar lubricants in the long term would be appreciated....the motor has only got 67,000ks and I want to look after it for the long term....thanks....Mal
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stephen - Saturday, Sep 14, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Sep 14, 2002 at 00:00
hey malco, im no expert but my guess is its an oil and gets burnt resulting in a carbon deposit, what do you think of that i think it sounds impressive haha, my advice on engine service life is keep services up and always idle down after running and allow to warm up before heavy throttle opening or using turbo boost until its warm, so i been told by ford, hope it helps
AnswerID: 6613

Follow Up By: Malco - Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00
I suppose the bottom line is that its my first truck I have owned in my 52 years on this planet and if I can do anything to look after it then I will give it a go....I have got a couple of longer trips planned for 03 pulling a campertrailer....I will keep using the additive...I figure that at $20 per litre for the additive is not too bad....lasts for 650 litres of petrol...its got to be a lot cheaper than Wynns etc
FollowupID: 2989

Reply By: Member - Nigel - Sunday, Sep 15, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Sep 15, 2002 at 00:00
I doubt it's an oil, more likely an alcohol based formula (it is after all an octane booster). I've been told that it can actually make unleaded run in a car that needs super (probably need a higher concentration so may not be economical).

I've used it from time to time and find it improves fuel economy in my carby ST3 GQ Patrol. No noticable increase in power.
AnswerID: 6629

Follow Up By: Mal - Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00
I reckon that quite a lot of people out there using it as well Nigel....I spoke to a couple of mates on Saturday night and I found out that they been using an upper cylinder additive on a regular basis for years....mainly the wynns variety....I was more interested if anybody had used the Morey's additive which is a NZ based company with US links....The fuel economy interested me because I reckon I got around 14.5-15lt/100 k's (hwy @ 100kph) recently on a trip in the 4.2efi auto which was not too shabby I thought and I am happy with that .. wonder what the figures will be when I start pulling the new campertrailer in the new year?....
regards...mal
FollowupID: 2987

Sponsored Links