Coleman gas powered showers

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 19:21
ThreadID: 19766 Views:2218 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody had any experience with any of these showers. I would be grateful for any advice about gas usage etc
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: timborees - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 22:16

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 22:16
Hi Arthur,

Do a search on "coleman hot water" including the archives you will find lots of stuff. I use one, find they are great, water hot but not huge on pressure, need to extend the shower hose (even change the rose) gas adapter coming out soon (so you don't need to run it of cylinders) buy the bigger portable/fold down water container the connection doesn't fit anything else. They are portable but once they are set up they aren't so if you use it for a shower and your shower tent is 6m away you will have to move it if you want to keep it in your tent area (security). Still uses a lot of water, so make sure you can take plenty otherwise the old soap/bucket is the way to go.

Timbo
AnswerID: 94900

Follow Up By: jenkie - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 22:33

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 22:33
Arthur
Agree with the above response. We took one to Moreton Island. Used it for showers for 8 people for 3 days, 6 people for another 3 days. Used for washing up for the week as well except for one night when we had the fire going and used the heat from the fire. We didnt use a full bottle of gas but I think it is just about empty and the battery for the pump didnt need a charge. When camping in one spot for more than a couple of days we prefer to use our old system of a pulley lifting the bag above our heads, so we just heat the water to the temp we want for a shower straight into the bag and lift it up.We dont use the water bag we just drop the pump into a bucket of water.
We also used it everyday for 4 weeks for washing up when camping in a caravan park on a unpowered site at chrismas at Maroochydore.
The coleman has really made life easy.
Jenkie
Jenkie

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 353773

Reply By: TheUndertaker - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 20:17

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 20:17
Maiden voyage of our coleman unit was a 10 day sojourn to Moreton island, showered 4x adults + 4x kids each nite x10,,washing up water x30 + the normal morning/lunch/afternnon use of hot water for a good hygene regimen, used 2x canisters of gas,had no need to recharge battery,,extended shower hose to 4mts prior to trip ,cost $1.20permt from hardware store.
AnswerID: 95014

Reply By: Shaker - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:14

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:14
I had a Primus hot water service/shower, too fiddly, used it twice.
Sold it & bought the Coleman .... best decision I could have made. Same experience as previous posts.
I didn't buy it first off because the gas cylinder hose was unavailable at that time, after using it ... I will stick to the disposable cylinders, as it makes it very easy to move from kitchen area to shower tent!
AnswerID: 95054

Sponsored Links