Polyair installation instructions

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 22:57
ThreadID: 19778 Views:3012 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day,

I have just picked up a set of polyairbags for a GQ patrol and am after a set of intructions. If anyone has a set that can be emailed to whitman1(at)bigpond.com

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Des Lexic - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 23:12

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 23:12
Check out www.trucksprings on google. Follow leads in airbags and instructions on how to fit Firestone air bags are there. I'd say polyairs are the same to fit.
AnswerID: 94914

Reply By: Member - Banjo (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 23:16

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 23:16
Yep - as Sed says, you can download the destructions for everything it seems at Truckspring - got my original paperwork from there prior to purchase - hell.... those yanks do have some admirable qualities when it comes to marketing - Aussie retailers would want more money, after charging too much, and that's only if they responded to your query !
AnswerID: 94915

Follow Up By: Wormboy - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:58

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:58
Banjo,
did you end up buying thru trucksprings? I haven't had much success in them returning an email for a quote on coilrites- maybe things are slow over dec-jan over there, but I've emailed once and got a reply about 3 weeks later then sent reply twice and havent heard a thing in 4 weeks. If the price including postage is not much cheaper I'm now wondering if it's worth the effort and just pay the $340 odd here
FollowupID: 353810

Reply By: Member - Banjo (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 10:25

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 10:25
Wormboy - see my post number 17937 for my project. Best way might be to ring them one night (around midnight CSST - yours may differ) .... will only cost you a couple of $ if you have all the detail ready - credit card purchase, delivery address, part number etc. Might be the best way. My email contact with them was good - about 24-48 hrs turnround at most. Re savings ..... I know it is false economy to muck around at length BUT the local product is rip-off priced - wait till you see how simple the product is - as I said, they seem to be no more than thick walled plastic drink bottles, with a few air fittings and some line - $320 is disgusting. I've put the $160 difference into some other camping gear.
AnswerID: 94966

Follow Up By: Wormboy - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:33

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:33
I agree, for the measley bits you get with either polyairs or the firestones they are way over pricedin aus. I'll take yor advice and try a phone call direct. cheers
FollowupID: 353853

Reply By: rihearn - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 20:29

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 20:29
I've been looking at the website for trucksprings for a set of bags for a gq but can't seem to see which ones are right. Does anyone know offhand?
AnswerID: 95015

Reply By: Wormboy - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:54

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:54
If your go to the Aust airbag- man site at http://www.airbagman.com.au/ and obtain airbag type and kit part numbers for your GQ there it appears that its the same reference numbers they use for the firestone coil rites at trucksprings usa.
I see they don't list the patrol at truck springs but an inquiry with them using the aust numbers may help. I cross referenced a couple of vehicles listed at both sites and they both corresponded with the same numbers - but it would pay to double check. - I thought Nissan would have sold patrols in the USA ? I went to the USA Nissan site and looked at all their new suv's models and checked out each name but nothing really resembled the patrol only something called Armada.
goodluck!
AnswerID: 95039

Sponsored Links