Unichip and or full exhaust upgrade Cruiser 100 4.8 V8

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:30
ThreadID: 19796 Views:2939 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

For whatever reason I am tossing up seeing what extra grunt i can get out of my 100 series cruiser, wihtout too much expense.

Has anyone put a new exhaust system all the way throguh and if so what difference did it make?

Also has anyone tried the Unichips on any vehicle, espically a 100 Series and if so what difference would it make.

It goes great at present but can't help looking at all exta options.

Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rob J (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:03

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:03
If the Dtronic setup for diesels sounds good to a pesimestic old bloke like me, then something like that for a petrol sounds good as well, with an unrestricted, as lawful as possible, that is, exhaust system to help get the extra grunt.
I have a 3 litre Patrol, and the Dtronic figures sound Ok to the point where I am going to look at having it fitted when I can get back to towing again. Even if I don't go for the chip I will be up sizing the whole exhaust system, cat included
AnswerID: 95022

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:33

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:33
AVO do a turbo kit for the V8 100, though a unichip will see a 17-20% power increase, and around 2lt per 100km improvement in fuel economy.

On top of a unichip, if you fit a dual map unit, at the flick of a switch you can go from a PULP map to a ulp map if travelling.

I would chnage the muffler, and leave the rest of the exhaust unless adding the turbo.
AnswerID: 95030

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 15:59

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 15:59
i'm not sure how far you wish to go but - 360kw at the back wheels of a lexus (jap import) - similar v8 but has taken an awful lot of work and not done on the cheap. if you really want to play and get some serious smoking from the tyres visit a few of the jap speedshops on the internet - they ship anything anywhere (for a price) and actually can help. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 95159

Sponsored Links