Jerry Can Holders for Boat Trailer

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:14
ThreadID: 19817 Views:2786 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 4WD boat trailer and I want to mount 4 jerry cans to the trailer, in front and behind the wheel arches on the steps. As they can only be attached at the bottom and not against the side like a box trailer will the holder be strong enough? Can anyone recommend where I can get them from? The TJM looks the best and can hold plastic cans.
Cheers
JD
TJM
ProQuip
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mozza (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:37

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:37
H20.. i'd be going down to your local boliermaker/fabrication shop and getting them to fabricate you one.
surely it would be cheaper than buying one then having to get it welded on.. not only that, you'd be able to have it made to suit your requirements.
AnswerID: 95132

Reply By: Member - Ross P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 16:55

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 16:55
I have the TJM units fitted to the rear bumper of my Coromal Seka 505 off-road van. They mount either side of the spare wheel and are bolted through the bottom two bolts through the square section bar and one bolt through the squrae section that runs under the van and to which the bumper is welded. No side supports at all

Completed a pretty rough trip through Central Qld; Gulf Country, Birdsville; Inamincka etc and the holders are still ok. Only problem is that the plastic jerry cans are a tight fit and have rubbed the powder coat of the inside of the holders- no big deal.
AnswerID: 95168

Sponsored Links