Landcruiser 75 series doors

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:14
ThreadID: 19818 Views:4432 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
GDay all

I have a 75 series landcruiser, and the previous owner has modified the doors in a bazaar but interesting kind of way. He has taken the windows out and removed the top frame. In place he has made up a removeable frame with plastic windows that is bolted nicely to the rest of the door. A plate has been welded to the top section to cover the gap from the windows.

This concept is great I guess for farmers or shooters in the bush somewhere but I am in the city and obviously security is an issue as well as having to roll up the plastic windows to get some air. So with the rediculous cost of getting hold of 75 series doors, i have taken the ute to the panel beaters to get it changed back. They all say no worries until they remove the top frame upon which they say its not worth doing the job. They are all very impressed with the job but obviously understand the impracticality of having it in the city. So I have had to bite the bullet and get some proper doors done up.

So I still have these doors and understanding there would be a limited market for these things I thought i would just mention it on this post and see if any of you guys and girls would know of anyone who could make use of these things. I will advertise them in the papers and all that but I thought this would be a good place to start. The doors are rust free, perfectly straight and seal well.

Nigel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:28

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:28
dont make the mistake of aftermarket doors if they make them. I tried this with a fender panel and it was false economy due to the rework that was required
AnswerID: 95131

Reply By: Tuff60 - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 14:08

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 14:08
What colour are the doors and how much you thinking they're worth??
AnswerID: 95139

Reply By: The Blackman - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 15:07

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 15:07
Thanks for the advice Davoe, I am not sure whether they make after market doors for these things, but the new ones they are putting on are definately factories.

Tuff60, the doors are the typical Landcruiser brown, bit of a nuisense since most of the utes are white, and the price, dunno really havent given much thought to it. prob about 400 bucks each.
if anyone is interested, i can take some photos and send them via email.
AnswerID: 95148

Reply By: floyd - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 16:50

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 16:50
Gympie Spares in QLD have brand new doors for all 75 series vehicles in White. Not aftermarket but original equipment. They will freight them anywhere.
AnswerID: 95167

Reply By: Catchy snr - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 19:19

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 19:19
Hi Blackman I have the same trouble here in WA with doors for my 75 series , over here they want a grand for a door that is what you would call reasonabe condition a good one is worth up to $1800 so if you get hold of to many could you let me know My drivers door isn't to bad but the left is shot .The old ute is not worth spending to much on it but is just the shot for a bit of prospecting ,now I know what you are going to say about how to spend all the money from the gold but the truth is I am just getting in to it and although I have been out a couple of times I have yet to see the yellow stuff but I am confident it will come Cheers Catchy snr
AnswerID: 95203

Follow Up By: The Blackman - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 21:38

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 21:38
Catchy snr, I am in perth and have been looking in the quokka and have had people keeping an eye out for me for doors and there has been nothing for so long.

This mob in malaga are doing the job for me, using the internals of my doors for 500 bucks each, as good as new. Well so they say anyway, I should find out tomorrow. Couldnt bear the thought of spending a grand on a door, am with ya on that one.

Good luck with your prospecting, maybe when you find some you can put it into the td 79 series. Should get you out there a bit quicker

FollowupID: 354037

Sponsored Links