Any CDMA experts out there ?

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 22:21
ThreadID: 19843 Views:1880 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all ,
I finally got my Nokia 6225 CDMA with an in car kit and an aerial thingy attached to the kit which connects to the sexiest black aerial on the bull bar .

I have down loaded a modem driver from the Nokia website and finally got successfully down loaded my email from the opotus website .

The next hurdle is to get a neat ring tone , but I am told with CDMA you cannot download ring tones straight to the phone .

I looked up my Nokia book ( last resort ) and it mentions that there could be a way using Nokia "PC Suite" software which I also downloaded from their site . I think I would have to download this to my laptop and then transfer it to somewhere in the phone through my cable connection .(?)

Can anyone tell me how I should go about this .

I also had an idea that I would like to create my own ring tone . ie dog barking ,
or maybe taking some frog calls off a CD . Is that possible or just a stupid idea ?

Thanks ,

Willie .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 23:17

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 23:17
Hi Willie,

The PC Suite has a program called Nokia Sound Converter which "...is used to convert General MIDI files into scalable Polyphony MIDI, which can be played on the phone".

I haven't played around with it yet, but believe that you can make a ring tone from any sound file you may have on your PC. What I have found so far with other programs in Nokia Suite is that while you can eventually work out how to do something, its not always that user friendly.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 95285

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:46

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:46
Thanks Captain ,
Would you know how I would make a sound file from a small sample off a CD ?
Thanks ,
Willie .
FollowupID: 354103

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 15:41

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 15:41
Hi Willie

I'm sure you can. Just run the song from the CD on your PC and save it to the hard drive as a midi file. Then import it to the Nokia Sound Converter and upload when all ready (well thats the theory - havn't got around to doing it yet !!!!)

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 354155

Reply By: Glenno - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 13:56

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 13:56
Hi Willie,

I was looking at a 6225 and didnt think you oculd hook up an external antenna. Do you have the details of the kit you used?

I ideally want an external antenna and a Nokia running CDMA all in one.

Thanks,

Glenn.
AnswerID: 95392

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 14:48

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 14:48
Glenn ,
The aerial does not actually plug into the in car kit but has a " proximity
connection through an antennae coupler .
This sounded like snake oil to me when I heard about it , but other members on here told me thyat it worked .
You could do a search and you would find all my previous enquiries and the answers I received .
Everyone was very helpful .
Cheers ,
Willie .
FollowupID: 354149

Sponsored Links