Maytown Track Problems

Submitted: Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 16:49
ThreadID: 19860 Views:5278 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Please find a cop out
Glenn
In respect of the road issues you have raised you will need to address your issues to the local government responsible for this area. Local governments are responsible for all roads within their respective local government areas.

Greg Coonan
Director
State Land Asset Management
Department of Natural Resources and Mines
Tel: (07) 34055508
Mob: 0418 188 216
Fax: (07) 34055522
Email: greg.coonan@nrm.qld.gov.au

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 27 January 2005 7:33 PM
To: Coonan Greg
Subject: Maytown Reserve

Dear Mr Coonan
I am planning a trip to the Palmer River area of Maytown. I would like an alternative route other than the Old coach road from laura . I believe there is a gazetted Road from the Palmer river roadhouse via whites creek and cannibal creek.
there is a conflict with a property owner that shuts this track down.
The information I have so far is that there is a gazetted road through there ie. a reserve for a road is gazetted but the road is not on the reserve.
Could you please help and resolve were this reserve is and indicate it on a map so it can be used by the public.
Maytown is a Queensland Heritage town and contains a reference to Australians that made history and it also has a cemetery. This town should be accessible and the Old Coach road is not a option.
I and a lot of others would like to hear from you about this matter or you might be able to offer a contact of somebody that can help me with my enquiry.
Kind Regards
Glenn Brown
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: beatit - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 16:58

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 16:58
G'day Glenn,

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure my family will be pleased that they get to see their lives pass before them again one more time as we traverse the coach road.

Kind regards

Theo
AnswerID: 95406

Reply By: Member - David 0- Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 18:23

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 18:23
Glen,

Re this issue. I suggest you also talk to the official from the Mareeba Shire Council. His full name escapes me, but he is the title is something like Planning and Development and his first name is Kieren. I will see if I can also chase him up. This guy Kieren is a good guy and interested in the benefit 4wd based tourism can be to his shire. I spoke to him at length over dinner at Chillago once.

David
AnswerID: 95416

Reply By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 19:19

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 19:19
Whites Creek Rd to Maytown is open and to my knowledge has never been closed. Maytown to Palmer River Station is closed and has been for about 2 years.
Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 95421

Reply By: Glenngonadriven- Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 20:47

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 20:47
Thank you all for your replies. I think I have found my way to were I want to go to but the issue of the Palmer Maytown road still troubles me and talking by phone to a few locals of the area it does not seem a issue. I am of the belief these blokes know of a way around palmer station.I have been told of local maps and will try to get one and then pass it on to all of you.

ps Does any one know of the cannibal creek crossing in the same area. ?????

kind regards
Glenn
AnswerID: 95436

Sponsored Links