annoying squeek

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:46
ThreadID: 19882 Views:1579 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Could anybody please help me? I have an annoying squeek coming from somewhere (sounds like behind the dash) in my 75 series Troopy. I first thought it was under the bonet or the front end but now I think otherwise. It get's really annoying at times, and it sounds like the beast is powered by budgies! I've checked wheel bearings and brakes, renewed all belts and replaced turbo with extractors (for the moment). It continues to make noise when I shut down the engine while moving and it seems worse in cooler weather. Could there be anything behind the dash that could cause this? is anything there belt driven? Maybe a fan from the blower unit? Has anybody else had this problem and got any hints or tips?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BenSpoon - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 15:34

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 15:34
Dont know about 75s, but on my 80 there is a fan inside the dash that provides cooling for the stereo. It comes on when the car is turned to on- may be your thing. Does it change pitch with your revs? Had a similar whistle coming from the carby when I changed it over - done any work there?
AnswerID: 95529

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 23:38

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 23:38
Try spraying your spring packs and shackles out with a LANOLIN spray or INOX or just plain good old WD40 and see what happens.

Its amazing the 'noises' that doing that will fix.

AnswerID: 95590

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 00:34

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 00:34
Had the same prob in my courier, turned out to be a leaf had worked it's way into the heater fan, was a rite bugger to remove.
And it took a long time to locate.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 95600

Reply By: Troopy Travellers (NSW) - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 09:41

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 09:41
I had a similar problem behind the dash in my 75 troopy. It turned out that the auto electrician had not replaced one of the (two) bolts holding the relay behind the glove box. The dick had replaced the relay but had ony installed one of the two bolts needed to hold it secure. These things usually occur after someone has fixed something on your car. I have found that a lot of repairers are too lazy or careless to replace all of the bolts that they undo!!!
Sparky
AnswerID: 95612

Sponsored Links