Multinova's

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:17
ThreadID: 19901 Views:3031 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just an observation ,i travel from Margaret River to Bunbury (WA) everday for work and generally see a one of them things pointed at me about 3 days a week.Now i have not seen one for 2 months ?I don"t speed anyway so does not worry me.I wonder why this is especaily when there is so much traffic on the road during the hol's etc.Is it because there is an election comming up or am i being cynical. Has anyone else noticed?

Cheers

Darryl
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steviebee - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:19

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:19
Hello Darryl,

I also live in SW WA, but don't travel in such a repetitive way to give very exact figures, but yes definitely noiced fewer over the Christmas period, especially at the locations they are usually sited in..

Usually a long list of multinova locations for the following day are announced at the end of the local (GWN - channel 7) news "in the interests of saving lives". Mostly Perth locations !

Anyway, there was a spell over the Christmas break when they said they were not going to anounce the locations for the following day as they normally do, and gave some reason ... I thought then that maybe it was because they were not putting them out (or far fewer than normal) but didn't want the public to know.

Several possible reasons come to mind - perhaps the multinova operators also go on leave !

Whatever the reason, definitely a reduction on the roads we travel.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 95621

Reply By: howie - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:15

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:15
i thought the m/nova operators are civilian types? maybe they all put in for annual leave at the same time.
i have noticed a few brownshirted gentleman with handhelds around perth metro though.even on the polly farmer.
AnswerID: 95625

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:40

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:40
My understanding is there is only one Multinova used in the Bunbury area - and he moves around a lot. In the last 3 weeks I have seen it 3 or 4 times. Last time was in Eaton, time before just near Gull Stathan, east side..early morning.

If you were a Multinova operator you could probably have a holday and still rack up a few $ anyway..read a few books, sunbake, watch the cricket etc a very cruizy (but thankless) job.
Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 95626

Follow Up By: Utemad - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 13:22

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 13:22
In Qld the Police operate roadside speed cameras. One of my mates does it and takes his portable DVD player with him. Imagine sitting in one for a 4hr stint with FA to do. At least they are allowed to leave the engine running the entire time for the aircon.
FollowupID: 354412

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)