Where to carry

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:47
ThreadID: 19907 Views:2157 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
When travelling , what essentials should I carry in the vechile and what sort of things in the Camper trailer, need some idea's as I am setting up the back the vechile.

Shawie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: howie - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:06

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:06
its a big question, with a lot of answers.
if you are wondering what to take when travelling there are heaps of checklists on different sites for essential gear.
but basically you need to pretend you have not got the camper, as you will be going on day trips leaving the camper up. so the fridge, recovery gear, snack food,some water etc needs to be in the vehicle, saves having to load it up every time and forgetting simple but neccesary items for day trips.
it great making sandwiches with the fish knife.
AnswerID: 95623

Reply By: Member - Jack - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:14

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:14
Tools, recovery gear and "rations" in the car, luxuries in the camper trailer.

We carry a "day bag" with basic eating utensils, small gas stove, thermos of hot water, and drinking water, plus days "rations" and some packet soup etc in case of disaster. I also have a very small hiking tent just in case. And a bag with some dry/warm weather gear depending on location.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 95624

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 17:40

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 17:40
Not having a camper, I carry everything in the vehicle.

One thing I have learnt.......

Make your recovery gear EASY to get to. Nothing worse than having to shift stuff, just to get to tools and things. Sometimes your vehicle may be perched at an awkward angle, in mud, so you don't want to be messing with unnecessary items.

Wolfie
AnswerID: 95673

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 20:10

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 20:10
shawie, just be aware that trailer owners always take more than those without. The reason they do is just because they can. That includes generators when they really do get set up near fully.

If you scan through the members rigs, there are two that come to mind that have comprehensive lists of their gear with their rig. Willem in South Australia and Melissa in Western Australia. Roachie in South Australia may as well but that list was also in Australian 4wd Monthly a couple of months back - at least for the rig. I have a MSWord list for my list of gear too, but that isn't for a trailer, but is developing that way when my son takes the trailer instead. Email is with the rig pic if you need it.

Everything will develop it's place in time mate, that is part of the fun of doing it.
AnswerID: 95701

Sponsored Links