Spare wheel carrier on 80 series.

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 21:32
ThreadID: 19926 Views:2511 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

First of all just like to thank all of you that replied to my last post on otways tracks. Was well apprectated for all the suggestions. My latest question is, i've got an 80 series DX with the barn doors and like every other 80 series owner, i want to move the spare from the STUPID STUPID spot underneth to a lovely kaymar or simaliar carrier. The only drama that i have is i have to rob a bank to afford one of these carriers. The other day in town i saw another std crusier with a spare mounted straight on the door. Worries me about the weight hanging off the door. Has anyone done this or what do you think? Extra bracing in the door???? This crusier didn't look like a city slicker so i wonder how he's done it? Can't find it again to ask.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 80scruiser - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 21:53

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 21:53
Keep an eye on E Bay.
Do a search with the words "spare wheel carrier"
I am sure there was one on there last week to suit the barn doors. Just bolts to the door like the troopy.
AnswerID: 95720

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:15

Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:15
must just be me I dont have a problem with the underslung spare. I have 1 underslung and 1 on a swing away carrier - best of both worlds and 2 spares. BTW I wouldnt hang a spare off the rear door. There would be a dam good reason T doesnt hang 30-40kg of wheel off of there. Being at the extreme back the up and down forces are magnified
AnswerID: 95805

Follow Up By: Ruffstuff - Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:59

Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:59
I agree Davoe,although i run bfg tubeless now , i keep a split as the underslung spare and another BFG on the swing away carrier.
Never had a hang up on the undrslung yet and have done some fairly nasty tracks.
FollowupID: 354642

Sponsored Links