tyres and suspensions

Submitted: Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 19:33
ThreadID: 19977 Views:1647 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi there this great forum and a big thank you to all you guys that give advice as you get the truth from you all thank you again. well i have a 1997 rodeo 2.8 td for 5 years and still have the same tyres when i brought it 31.10.5 .15" olympic overlanders .have done 87.000 km and need to replace them i had trouble with them sculloping was told to trade the in !at 40.000 km wear i had a wheel alignment done and rode on 36psi on black top ever since goes straight as a die on flat road.bad things about them is cornering must take a lot of care with moving when not loaded.other problem was heavy sand would not get very far to compare with other vehicales. looking at all terrain or mud terrain and going up to 33" and will need to change original shockers? after a 2" lift.will be doing a lot of wet sand driving down south. can you advise thanks alan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 20:42

Monday, Jan 31, 2005 at 20:42
MTs will do you no favors in sand. you want HTs for the best in sand.

33's? You will go through hell to get 33's on it and legal. Probably more hassle than you would be happy with. Chances are you will have to hack your guards at the front to fit them in to start with.

Yes you will need new suspension all round, lots of $$$. would be cheaper to trade in on a Lux...
AnswerID: 95914

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:17

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:17
there certainly are lots of rodeos running around with bigger rubber, but im not too sure of the negatives due to the overgearing - ie how much it affects the economy& braking on the rodeo. 2 inch lift is the max you can go on the front without affecting downtravell too much and then to go more you need the calmini kit (about $3000). rear is easy to lift.

Probably the decent all terrains would do you, brand ? personal choice really, lots of good and bad points on each, new cooper at tyre might be worth a look, dont know if anyone is running them on here.

If not done already, get rid of the standard reduced diameter pipe from the guard to the airbox, it restricts the diesel heaps, one of the main reasons they go so good when you fit a snorkel, they have a proper sized inlet pipe. it will give you more poke for sand work.

Shockers - anything is better than the isuzu original pencils fitted. i'm running efs on my jack, work well with the IFS, arb's work well also.
AnswerID: 96029

Sponsored Links