January Stats

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:05
ThreadID: 20016 Views:1744 Replies:8 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Well on a happy note - We are back and very happy to report the January has been the biggest stats recording month in ExplorOz history. We had a huge 338,463 unique user sessions and over 18.5 million hits for the month of Jan. This is a new record - so thanks to all our readers.

Have a look at the Site Stats.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:17

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:17
Does this mean that you are going away AGAIN?
AnswerID: 96090

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:18

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:18
I think it should, if the bank account followed the stats graph I reckon I would already be gone.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 354860

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:56

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 18:56
I'm sorry to say David, but I think you have got Johnno1 to thank for that, he had us all pretty heated up there for a while. No one could stay away while all the crap was going on there for a few days.
But welcome back anyway to you both....................
Karen
AnswerID: 96105

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 19:10

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 19:10
Karen,

I do not have Johnno1 or any of the multitude of aliases to thanks for anything other than wasting our time and resources. As mentioned earlier I have been back tracking the systems and have alerted the associated ISP's to the information. I have also been advised by them that they take these matters as seriously as I do. So hopefully it will not be too long before I have the details I need to track it down.

Forum traffic did increase however the entire system has been going off (so to speak).

It is sort of good to be back. Just you all wait for the new trek notes and journal updates. We had a blast. Take care more later.

PS: I needed to adjust me first post ;-)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 354869

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 19:47

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 19:47
Hi David and Michelle

Welcome back, I'm sure you had a great holiday. Just a pity to have to walk in on johhno1/backtracks or whatever his latest alias is.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 96123

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 20:47

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 20:47
I think I feel a tear in my eye... and a throb in my duds...

man its good to have you back.. maybe there will be 1% of normality back to this place...

AnswerID: 96136

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:09

Wednesday, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:09
more than 12 hours and my post hasnt been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A NEW RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF FEB!!!
FollowupID: 354984

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 21:42

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 21:42
I think you can thank nigel for that....some nights he has 30 sessions of his own open.
AnswerID: 96143

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:20

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:20
Nigel is the kind person that runs the fuel system update program and his user is is responsible for the dialy fuel price updates - this is why the system shows several id's from him. Actually his session is reported as one per day in the major DeepMetrix system even though the UserList shows upto 50 per day it actually only accounts for 1/day. It is interesting to see who finds what on the system. Well done for noticing this operation.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 354917

Follow Up By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:29

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:29
David,

Found that if you open new browser windows with EO you get counted as multiple sessions. Treid this myself and was logged in on the user list 8 times at one point.

Only happens if you open a window, visit EO and then close it, and then open another one shortly thereafter.

Just an observation

Muddy
FollowupID: 354920

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 23:24

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 23:24
Muddy,

The UserList is totally seperate from the Unique session counters that are run via the DeepMetrix system. The DeepMetrix Stats system uses the servers actual connection logs and not my userlist code to analise the usage of the machine. This is what we report as it is the more standarised method of reporting system usage.

The UserList is a count based on session id's that I have implemented and this is not reported in the site system stats at all. In fact dependant on your browser setup you can elect whether you spawn a new session or not when you launch a new window. It is for these reasons that the servers log analysis system is used for stats reporting as it looks for IP address, Browser tags and timing to determine user sessions counters and other stats functions. My user list is a little more basic and is designed to give an idea of who and how many are online at any given time. Generally my system will report a lot more anon users than are in fact counted via the DeepMetrix stats analysis system.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 354936

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:05

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:05
welcome back David and Michelle. glad to hear the holiday went well, look forward to all the the bits and pieces...

rick.
AnswerID: 96149

Reply By: Member - David 0- Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:51

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2005 at 22:51
David and Michelle,

Welcome back. May I say that Juliana has been fantastic in your absence.
Cheers
David O
AnswerID: 96158

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Wednesday, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:13

Wednesday, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:13
well done all, good to hear the whole show is growing, not just the squark & talk.

Now enough of the numbers - wheres the stories :-))
AnswerID: 96221

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:31

Wednesday, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:31
They will come ASAP. We will have 8 new treknotes and two sections of new travel journal. Michelle is charged with making this happen and her inbox is also overflowing so give us some time. She indicated that the journal will be up in within a week.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 355001

Sponsored Links