Incar mapping useing laptop

Submitted: Friday, Feb 04, 2005 at 01:54
ThreadID: 20092 Views:2201 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I intend to use my Laptop (New ACER Travelmate2201) via GPS Mouse and Lilliput Monitor to install Travelroute Co Pilot7 Livestreet mapping. im confused as to what rype of lilliput screen i should buy,(with or without touchscreen preferably 8", i have an optical mouse which i think would be preferable and easier to use than the touchscreen option ,do i need USB or VGA screen option ) any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Maurie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan S (NSW) - Friday, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:10

Friday, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:10
Hi Maurice,

Take a look a this site for some good ideas:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~supa/car_web/index.htm
or Lilliput screen installation

Just one thing to note is that Digital World Wide sell the completed in dash housing with lilliput screen mounting for US$400 now. Its the same price as buying the screen (off ebay) and buying the housing separate (from Digital World Wide) but without the hassle of self assembly.

Digital World Wide

The tech support people are great the DWW.

If you have any more questions member mesage me as I am just about to head off down the same track.

I guessit all depends if you have a spare DIN in your dash or not.

AnswerID: 96590

Reply By: Member - Garth H (WA) - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 00:28

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 00:28
Hi Maurice,
I have the 7" Lilliput screen (as per the link). It's accepts vga so you plug it straight into the monitor socket of your laptop (I have a Travelmate 520). Don't know much about the touchscreen version. I just use a mouse to do what I need so the laptop is tucked away under a seat. Haven't done the in-dash thing (although it looks very nice, to much $$ for me!). I love the screen, have it placed in the Prado behind the gear shift under the ashtray. They take multiple inputs so i was thinking of plugging in a camera out the rear.

Link is http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14946&item=5741817916&rd=1
regards
Garth
AnswerID: 96890

Reply By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 12:07

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 12:07
Ga,day Maurice . Take a drive up to York if you want to see this system in use . There's two of us up here that use it , and we both think it's great . Send a member masage if you're interasted . Cheers .
AnswerID: 96928

Sponsored Links