personal B.A.C readers

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 22:54
ThreadID: 20156 Views:1888 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I wasw at the pub lst night and found out that a mate of mine's daughter was done for DUI last weekend. The girl is only 17 and has had her licence for only a couple of months. Stuipidity of youth.... Not quite. She was the duty driver for a group of friends at a party, being the only one underage she does it a lot, and while there some low-life spiked the O.J. Not only did the w*&ker put her life at risk but also the lives of all her friends and the lifes of anyother road user. She had taken the bottle of O.J there herself and marked it so no-one could confuse it. . Now she has been told that she will have to go to court and will lose her licence and cop a fine. A sh*t call for a girl who is about to start uni and wants to be a cop when she graduates. Appartently the police are looking into it all.

Now my question is does anyone have anything to say about the personalized breathlizer you can get. Is calibration a issue etc.. I reckon one of these in everyones car could save alot of heartache.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:02

Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:02
Don't waste your time on them. They need calibrating regularly, you never really know whether you are under or not. The only test that matters is the one the cops do, my advice is never let your drink out of your sight or better still get a cab. Got to feel sorry for your mates daughter, thats a rough trot she's had.
AnswerID: 96880

Follow Up By: Chucky - Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:17

Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:17
They didn't spike the glass. they spiked the clearly marked O.J bottle that was in the esky.
FollowupID: 355512

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 00:10

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 00:10
Just what did they put into the bottle that she couldn't taste? Might be a question asked by those who prosecute her. She had better not trot out the old "you can't taste Vodka" line because it is a load of dung that will never be accepted.

Has she had the remnants of the OJ bottle analysed to support her claim?

Appearing in court making claims that cannot be substantiated (and I am not questioning the girl's credentials) are a waste of time.

She needs to be well prepared or she will go down.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 355521

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 15:41

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 15:41
I agree jimbo sounds dam suss to me apparantly this whole" drink spiking" thing has been found to be unsubstantiated on all but a few cases. It has long been the excuse used by chicks for doing things they shouldnt;. I do not believe you could not taste alchahol in a bottle you are drinking out of you just would have to taste it was different. Just my opinion but I reckon your mate would do well to sit his daughter down and tell her to take responsability for her actions rather than dream up excuses
FollowupID: 355565

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:04

Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:04
Hey Chucky
She is very unlucky and there are some pricks out there, sounds like the police are at least believing her story. Friends have an electronic breathalizer and we are fequeantly getting on it together. We have tested it during the night and it seems to give a close reading, not sure of the acuracy. We always use it the following morning and if it even registers 0.1 we do not drive, just in case.

After a big night up at the snow, we went to the cop shop and asked to get breathalized, before driving and to be on the safe side, but got refused cause they did not pull us over..... figure that out.

They should give these things away, not charge the earth for them.
cheer Crazie
AnswerID: 96881

Reply By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:33

Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 23:33
Jaycar sells one for about $60. We have had one for about six months and it seems to be reasonably accurate according to my calculations of how many standard drinks over so many hours etc. In essence it seems to indicate about where you should be after a certain intake.

Cheers,

Jim.
AnswerID: 96882

Sponsored Links