Looking for some detail on gettinh to YUNTA

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 21, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2018 Views:1705 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Further to my question on Flinders Ranges and thanks so much to all who replied, (sounds great) We, being "the child bride" and myself, were wanting to know if anyone has an AS THE CROW FLYS way from Renmark to Yunta. OR .. The other thought was to turn off the Silver City Hwy somewhere betweenWentworth and B/Hill, and head across to Yunta from there. May cause a divorce yet; after 30 odd years of pain and suffering, everytime I mentioned it, she smiles, and I don't want to make her happy....::))) Thanks again folks... Des.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ray - Sunday, Sep 22, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Sep 22, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Des
It you refer to the Hema map for SA available from the Exploroz shop there is a route that takes you up through the conservation park, with camping available about 20 klms north of Remark on the River, plus to camp areas in the Park its self and then you can follow the road through to Yunta and onto the Flinders and Gammon Ranges (a must). The road is good dirt road all the way, we travelled down that way last year after a week in the Gammon Ranges. Fuel is quite cheap in Yunta , Thw Ruins about 40k north of Yunta are worth exploring. The maps of the Flinders from the exploroz shop Westprint makes the touring of the area more interesting
Ray
AnswerID: 6819

Reply By: DesF - Sunday, Sep 22, 2002 at 00:00

Hi, Des You can also go from Wentworth up to the Coombah Roadhouse (on the way to Broken Hill) & turn off just past there and go to Yunta via Locklily / Oakdale / Oakbank & Lilydale it is a good drive thru there. We did it in the Subaru's in 2000. It is 165ks Good cruising Des F.
AnswerID: 6825

Follow Up By: Member - Des - Sunday, Sep 22, 2002 at 00:00

thanks you blokes , we are about to leave now, will let you know how we get on through the trek notes or similar. hooroo...Des
FollowupID: 3058

Sponsored Links