2"supension lift on Hilux

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 23:03
ThreadID: 20191 Views:1764 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody out there done a 2" lift on a live axle hilux and had problems with the drivers side front spring sagging noticably. I didn't change the diff locating rod from standard to adjustable as dealer which fitted springs said it was not needed. I am just wandering if this could be the problem ? Will be consulting spring dealer tomorrow with regards to the sagging spring.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Howard- Monday, Feb 07, 2005 at 13:00

Monday, Feb 07, 2005 at 13:00
fat boy
assume you are referring to a 2'' suspension lift.
son had same problem with his hilux dual cab. originally passenger side lifted 45mm but drivers only about 20mm.what springs did you fit?
he had a problem with a pair of auto alliance springs. they eventually replaced the drivers side sping set. still got about 10 mm less lift on drivers side to pasengers side.
he has since changed diff locator but that makes no difference. if you think that is the problem just dissconnect and see ride hight goes up.
regards
howard
Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 97085

Reply By: GRAEME - Monday, Feb 07, 2005 at 20:42

Monday, Feb 07, 2005 at 20:42
Are your springs on the right side? Some kits have a heavier one for R/H side for driver and fuel tank.
Mine sagged on L/H side because the perch on the diff bent.
An adjustable tourque rod might help if it has weight on it, ie: hard to get the bolt in.
AnswerID: 97148

Sponsored Links