Do 4runners come with Turbo Diesel?

Submitted: Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 17:36
ThreadID: 20350 Views:1692 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day Folks.

Just a quick one. I see a couple advertised 4runners as 'Turbo Diesel'. I thought 4runners only came in diesels (atleast pre '95) & the turbo's were the Surf's, which I'm not keen 2 touch due to being imports etc (hard 2 find parts etc ). Some of these T.diesels look like 4runners...

I'm still deciding b/w a RV6 4runner or a diesel. I wanna use the car for general purposes aswell as do some trips up north. The diesels seem pretty gutless & so thats why the v6's are tempting.I know that diesel is the go 4 up north but if i threw in a long range unleaded tank, that would b alright wouldnt it? Do these V6's go alright? i hear they guzzle the juice a bit. Any stats on economy of either motor would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Ro
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 19:01

Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 19:01
If you buy a 3.0TD Surf what parts are hard to get?? It uses all 4 runner suspension body and drivetrain and a prado/hilux 1kz-te motor... Your mad if you don't go that way IMHO as they are cheaper more, powerful and come with all the features, many of which you just don't get in Oz, like Recaro seats etc.

Never had a problem getting parts for mine. I do 95% of the work on it myself.
AnswerID: 97913

Reply By: Jim-Bob - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 18:10

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 18:10
G'day Rowen.
You are right that the 4runner was only available normally aspirated and not turboed, these were replaced in 96 or 97 by the Prado.
You probably have seen my 4runner for sale in the Trader adds, it has a DTS on it, as far as the economy goes I used to get 10.5 klms per litre and after I put the DT system on it I got 10 klms per litre, and now I also have a 3.0TD Prado and the 4runner has more speed and power than the Prado.
If you are still looking for 4runner send me your email address and I will snd you pics and make me an offer.
Safe travels
Jim-Bob.
AnswerID: 98525

Sponsored Links