Submitted: Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 19:42
ThreadID: 20356 Views:2190 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Everyone Again,
Border Track...... Completed
Bright High Country Completed .......Thanks Barry in Bright

Next Howqua near Mansfield over Easter
Now have the family on board and the In laws and Brother in Law

Some like fishing.....Girls like quiet times, My children & I like 4x4ing.

Question...... need some info from those who have done the area for info on 1/2 to full day expeditons raound the area or what maps etc to get.
Plus any tips on the fishing etc.......3 children & 6 adults on this trip.
P.S, If you change your oil and brake pads on a newish 2004 Patrol does this negate the warranty? Also if a DTronic is fitted can it be removed prior to each service without the Nissan people being able to detect that is was there in the first place?

Anyway best wishes to all
Malcolm

Malcolm

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ianmc - Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 22:20

Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 22:20
Change the brake pads within one year, your kidding arent you!
Mine are 14 years old & original at 240,000 kms, course its just a crummy ole Triton ute.
AnswerID: 97958

Reply By: duncs - Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 17:01

Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 17:01
Malcolm,

Had a real quick look through the high country just a couple of weeks back. We did not have a lot of time (only 2 days as part of our drive home) and we had about half an hour to plan it over coffee in Canberra. We bought the HEMA maps of "SE NSW" and "The High Country -Victoria". WIth these and a book called 4WD Tracks of the HIgh Country by Craig Lewis and Cathy Savage we were able to plan a through route that got us to some nice spots and to our planned camp in Mansfield on time.

The area really is beautiful and I am looking for ways to get back and spend some serious time in then there hills.

Have a great trip
Duncs
AnswerID: 98019

Reply By: graeme.b. - Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 20:35

Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 20:35
hi Malcolm

for this part of the country forgret the hema maps and buy a couple of maps from the rooftop series. they are specific to the high country very up to date and accurate. A great base with the family is Bindaree on the
upper reaches of the Howqua.Small fish but great fun to catch and you can watch them swimming in tyhe river. Dont miss the falls abou 5klm drive from the camp. You can walk in behind them. 4x4 tracks from easy to extreme High country huts, the King Valley and views to die for within easy reach. God I love this country......
Keep any eye open for the "x" SEC Highlux with the stickers on the back of the tool boxes..Ch27..although easter may be too busy for me. I'll be there next week again. Have a great time its a beutiful place....................

Graeme.

AnswerID: 98051

Reply By: GazzaS (VIC) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 20:59

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 20:59
Hi Malcolm

we went to this area last November (Cup weekend) as a first time camping. Only had a little poke around on the tracks but had a great time camping at 8 mile flat - 8 miles past sheepyard flat.

We (I) hope to go back for Easter - might see you there - 3 kids 2 adults 1 Prado.

Cheers
AnswerID: 98196

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:35

Monday, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:35
Just follow the thousands of others up there...
AnswerID: 98265

Sponsored Links